October 21, 2014

Hef requests a favor from Miley

by Brad Trechak, posted May 9th 2008 9:01PM

Hugh HefnerHugh Hefner, founder of Playboy Enterprises, has given his consent for Miley Cyrus to pose for the magazine that is the cornerstone of his empire. This is only once she's of legal age of course.

Miley Cyrus is the 15 year old daughter of Billy Ray Cyrus and star of the Disney Channel show Hannah Montana. She is already well on her way to becoming a billionaire and I don't think she needs the publicity.

Hef is quoted as saying: "Sure, she'd be welcomed in the magazine. Very pretty lady. And I think to make such a big to-do over something as innocent as those [Vanity Fair] photos, I think is a reflection on how schizophrenic America is about sexuality."

To echo the sentiments of the original article: ick. I know that you get the freshest fruit by picking it directly off the vine, but this reeks too much of "dirty old man". Despite being famous for showing pictures of women in the buff, Hef has always presented himself and his magazine as having class. His latest statement seems more Girls Gone Wild than Playboy.

bsgfan2003

Hefner offer to Miley: Billy Ray should call Hefner out!
I know my husband would be kicking the rear end of some dirty old man that propositioned (in advance) our daughter.

Hefner said "pretty lady" - she's a young girl.

Adults should/may do as they please, but we should ALL endeavor to protect children.

May 10 2008 at 9:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
megan

i think everybody is making a big deal about it its not like she is all nude in that picture!!!

May 10 2008 at 5:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Edd

Anyone who watches South Park - damn, Trey + Matt seem to become even more all-knowledgeable every day (end of 'Britney's New Look')

May 10 2008 at 6:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MERVE-THE-PERVE

That photo with her and daddy really creeps me out. I guess it's true what they say - A family that plays together stays together.

May 10 2008 at 3:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JW

I really doubt she will do it; I see here more along the lines of Raven Symone; she was popular with Disney, but now no one really knows where she is but she is still being successful. As for the Vanity Fair photos; it's just like she was wearing a backless dress, big whoop, but she didn't look like her self though.

May 10 2008 at 2:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John Stewart

Why wait? Why not do an entire edition of Disney stars? /sarcasm

It's a little distasteful to offer a Playboy photoshoot to a 15 yr. old girl, even if it a future offer. -_-

May 10 2008 at 12:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tv junkie

eeeewwwwwwwwww~ and she IS creepy looking!

May 09 2008 at 11:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scott K

Not only is she 15, she's kind of creepy looking.

May 09 2008 at 11:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bash

Am I the only one who thinks that the photos of Miley reflect on the photographer rather than on the person photographed? Or on Mileys parents? Or her management?

I mean she's 15 for chrissakes.

May 09 2008 at 10:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Bash's comment
MCW

I know, oh my God, you can see a back. Her parents are awful horrible people for letting someone take a photo of Miley Cyrus' upper back! What is this world coming to, if our kids backs are being photographed?! I just don't know if I can go on living, this is an outrage, she's only 15 and already showing her bony shoulders and back!

... Did I say that I am horribly offended by this picture of Miley Cyrus' back?! Because I freaking am! How distasteful!

You people are morons.

May 09 2008 at 11:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MCW

By the time she's 19, she'll either be in Britney Spears' state of mind, or she will have become a recluse, and no one will remember her. That is my prediction. By that point, she'll gladly do anything (Like Playboy) for money.

May 09 2008 at 10:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply