September 1, 2014

Aliens in America gets axed

by Isabelle Carreau, posted May 10th 2008 6:03PM
Aliens in America
Two weeks ago, I posted about Aliens in America's Adhir Kalyan landing an important recurring role on FX's Nip/Tuck. At the time I reported that news, it was unknown if The CW comedy would be renewed or not but it sure didn't smell good for the series since Kalyan, one of the show's star, got that other gig and rumors claimed that Scott Patterson was shopping around for a new job.

The grim reaper made a new victim: Aliens in America was canceled this week.

Even if Aliens was not the best comedy out there, I enjoyed watching Raja, a Pakistani Muslim exchange student, and the Tolchucks interact and learn about the other's culture while solving their everyday life problems. It was a nice little show that could but that wasn't able to find enough viewers in time.

If you are a fan of the show, know that there are only two episodes left to the series. One airs this Sunday while the series finale, "Raja Sixteen," airs on May 18. You can watch full episodes of the series on The CW's "Aliens in America Video" page.

Luis Palacios

Make we wonder why they had to get rid of wonderful show. It not like they didn't have room to keep it since they have alot of space apperently

May 12 2008 at 1:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CB

Real shame! I really liked this show and how it handled cultural differences and dilemmas, very funny!

May 11 2008 at 1:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Primal

I never had time to watch the show but was planning on doing so as soon as the first shows had their finals. Now I don't think I can do it... I might like it and then I will be bitter...

May 11 2008 at 10:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bd

No room for "clever"! Need more Gossip Girl!

May 11 2008 at 10:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BartmanDK

Too bad! it was a great show i think.. Showing a different culture clashing with the american way of life..
Well good on Nip/Tuck Adhir Kalyan! Maybe i should catch up on that show now?

May 10 2008 at 11:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bkdealer

I'm really sorry to hear this--it was a very enjoyable and funny show with a talented cast. As someone who grew up in the midwest, I have to say it absolutely nailed the midwest family and high school experience. I'll miss it.

May 10 2008 at 9:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sowey

At least they kept Reaper... Funny how the Devil little games are actually CW's only hope of Redemption....

May 10 2008 at 8:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
GameJerk

Dammit! My friend had been bugging me to watch the show for a while now. I finally broke down and watched em all and got addicted. Now its gone.. grr.

May 10 2008 at 6:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Oreo

The CW needs to cancel all of it's shows, what a useless network.

May 10 2008 at 6:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MrC

This is a shame, I guess Fred Savage will be back watching Danny DeVito get his "payment" from the Always Sunny folks instead of directing what of the best natured, one of the only truly "family" shows on network (if CW still counts as a network) TV.

While "cutting edge" comedies are all the rage, I think there is still a place in the TV lineup for shows like this that combine the best of older sitcoms (like Wonder Years) with a modern sensibility. Oh that and the mom was totally hot ;-)

This show will be missed.

May 10 2008 at 6:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to MrC's comment
eric f

Um, the mom AND the daughter were hot. plus, it consistently had laugh-out-loud moments. I'll miss it.

May 11 2008 at 11:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply