August 28, 2014

It's time to intensify Operation: Renew Moonlight!

by Isabelle Carreau, posted May 12th 2008 4:42PM
MoonlightAs a fan of the CBS series Moonlight, I've been keeping an eye on news about the show lately to know if it would be renewed or not. Lately, most articles made me optimistic since they said that the show had a good chance of getting a second season. Actually, some people said it was almost a done deal because the CBS Friday night lineup was doing very well. But, as people keeping tabs on the upfronts know, things can change in a split second.

Gossip columnists Michael Ausiello and Kristin Dos Santos both report that the show's fate is now looking rather bleak. According to Ausiello, CBS is thinking of putting The Unit in the Friday at 9 p.m. timeslot. Where does that leave Moonlight, which aired in that timeslot all season? Via her "Watch with Kristin" blog, Dos Santos says that a source informed her that the show's future was not looking good.

To make matters worse, Variety reports that CBS is giving the greenlight to two comedies and four dramas. Four dramas!!! Is there even airtime left for Moonlight?!?

Even if this is not good news, it ain't over for the vampire show until the network presents its 2008-2009 schedule this Wednesday. Maybe the network will order 13 episodes of the series and of another show and air one in the fall and the other in the winter? Maybe the network will pick up Moonlight and keep in for midseason to take the timeslot of one of the new series they will cancel?

Moonlight fans, I guess it's time to intensify the "Operation: Renew Moonlight" campaign by sending truckloads after truckloads of garlic to CBS.

Sue Short

If the fans of Jerico could save that show by sending nuts
to CBS then maybe mailing them garlic would get the point acrosss

June 06 2008 at 9:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
vgoode1969

I am an older baby boomer and this is my favorite show. It appeals to an awry of people. Considering what is not being cancelled I do not see how Moonlight is not staying. CBS must be out to lunch.

May 29 2008 at 9:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rafferty Rulz

Do We Love Our Vampire???

Moonlight is not on CBS' Fall Schedule->

Plan of Action->

Show your support of Moonlight like never before. For Moonlight. For yourselves. For me because my sanity is teetering on the edge of the abyss. *Geronimo!*

May 13 2008 at 1:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brent McKee

What Nikki is also reporting indicates that the show is being caught in a financial squabble between CBS and Warner Brothers.

May 13 2008 at 1:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cindy

Nikki Finche at Deadline Hollywood Daily is now reporting that Moonlight is definitely not on the CBS fall schedule, although it is not dead yet...they are fighting for a back 13 eps.

May 12 2008 at 8:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Cindy's comment
LW

Everybody mail CBS a MOON PIE, the great Southern sweet treat, in support of the show!

May 12 2008 at 9:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Leeser

This is all rumor at this point, and nothing is yet written in stone as to the show's future.

Let's keep a positive slant on this and work to get our show renewed. Moonlight more than deserves its second season.

Leeser
www.moonlightline.com

May 12 2008 at 10:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Belle98

I canno believe that CBS is that stupid.

Moonlight has a huge fanbase and the show is doing well in the ratings. What cBS really wants to do is cancel this series to bring another police/crime drama on.

I will be through watching anything on CBS if they do this.

May 12 2008 at 7:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DK

I remember how, when this show started, everyone talked about how it sucked. Now I have no chance of picking up the storyline. Good job, TV Squad.

May 12 2008 at 5:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Leeser

Moonlight is my favorite show on television. I support this show to the point that I created the website www.moonlightline.com (and am supported by some of the internet's best moderators). I spend literally 20 hours a day working on supporting Moonlight. My board members (1400+ strong) can attest to that.

Moonlight means a lot to an awful lot of people. It has literally lifted people from the depths of depression. It has even helped a large number of people to lose weight (Lose weight now, ask me how. MOONCRACK!) It has created one of the most supportive and amazing fandoms in the known world.

Moonlight has made so many of us strive to be the best people we can possibly be. The cancellation of this show could very likely be disastrous for many people.

Call CBS and let you know how you feel about Moonlight. 1-212-975-3247

May 12 2008 at 5:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Margaret Calvert

This is one of my very favorite shows. I'm beginning to wonder what good it does to even start watching new programs because most of them get cut. I will NOT watch reality shows because they're not, well -- reality. Every year it seems like about 70% of the new programs I really like are cancelled after a "season" which is a short season these days. Needless to say, I'm anxiously waiting to see the fate of Moonlight.

May 12 2008 at 5:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply