November 23, 2014

Moonlight isn't done yet...

by Brett Love, posted May 14th 2008 9:21AM

MoonlightMoonlight is not going to just go away quietly and join that long list of one-and-done shows. People keep saying it's over, but apparently not everyone is listening. The latest rumor, from Nikki Finke's blog, has the show landing at the CW. And how would that work, considering that the CW has already made their schedule? I'm glad you asked.

You may recall a post from a few days ago about the network throwing in the towel on Sunday nights. That has now been confirmed with their upfront announcements. Sundays have now been outsourced. Moonlight comes back into the picture as a possibility to fill one of those two hours for Media Rights Capital, the new programmers for Sunday nights. If they could get even 60 to 70 percent of the show's viewers to make the move with them, it could be the most watched show on the network. Something that sounds very plausible given the loyal following the show has developed. It's still firmly in long-shot territory, but has the makings of quite a story.

k.rain

sci-fi is a smart network...they should pick it up.or even fox...any network that wants to up their rateings!!

July 19 2008 at 3:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Renee

When was the last time that being a vampire was sexy? This is a really great show with a great cast and writing!!! Here's hoping that CW can make it work.

June 04 2008 at 7:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MariaD

I vote foe any network to save my show Moonlight,the best TV show,I totaly get addicted to it and ,and I feel like my heart is sinking when I think I may never see new ep.any more.Please save my Moonlight and my sanity.

June 01 2008 at 3:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MariaD

Please save Moonlight,I am complitle addicted to this show,my heart ach on thoughts to never see this show again and Mick and Beth and the chemestry.NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Please save the show ,we need second season to save my sanity.

June 01 2008 at 3:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
PATTI POLK

I'll watch Moonlight on any channel on any night.

May 28 2008 at 3:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Charlotte B.

Another viewer vote for the CW picking up Moonlight. Here's hoping.

May 20 2008 at 8:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Linda A

PUT MOONLIGHT AND SUPERNATURAL BACK TO BACK. WHAT A NIGHT, I'LL NEVER SLEEP AFTER SEEING THOSE TWO ON THE SAME NIGHT.

May 20 2008 at 5:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MaryB

I would watch Moonlight on any channel, any night, any time slot. I barely watch network TV, Moonlight is 1 of only 3 programs I watch on regular network TV, so wherever it goes I go too. Any channel that picks up Moonlight wil definitely get the current audeince and then some. Moonlight has been picki ng up new viewers all along, this show has had major 'buzz' goign on for quite a while...CBS is so foolish to drop it. There 'new' ratings without Moonlight on their lineup, will prove to them just how foolish they have been.

May 17 2008 at 7:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
thesteiners3960

I will follow Moonlight anywhere.

May 17 2008 at 3:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lucyfan62

Unfortunately, JERICHO killed MOONLIGHT. If more than just the small core of fans had returned to watch JERICHO, then CBS would have had some hope that MOONLIGHT was going to draw new viewers next season. Of course, CBS also scheduled JERICHO in the worst possible time slot which seemed more like a "we'll show you that no one will watch" move than a genuine attempt to draw more viewers. LOST's fans won't even tune in at 10:00! It would be great if The CW (or its sub-contractor for Sundays) picked up MOONLIGHT, but Nina Tassler already said it wasn't going to happen and TV Squad keeps reporting it may, so who knows what to believe?!

May 17 2008 at 2:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply