December 21, 2014

The Real World will spend next season in Brooklyn

by Kristin Sample, posted May 14th 2008 9:01AM
Brooklyn BridgeMTV, high of off the success of its twentieth season The Real World: Hollywood, has greenlighted yet another season of the hit show to be filmed back in New York. The Real World: Brooklyn will begin shooting this summer and air in early 2009. The network will continue the one-hour format they began with The Real World: Hollywood; they've ordered twelve episodes from Bunim-Murray productions.

MTV is already touting Brooklyn as the return to the "original" Real World (not the version of the show where MTV casts hot-but-less-evolved people). Also, they are playing up the return to New York. But hasn't this been done before? I believe it was season ten and it was actually called The Real World: Back to New York. "The Brooklyn season, like the Hollywood season, will focus on what people loved about The Real World when it launched in 1992 genuine people, meaningful conflict and powerful stories. We're thrilled that MTV is allowing The Real World to turn 21.," says Jon Murray, The Real World Co-Creator and Chairman & President of Bunim-Murray Productions.

What do you think? Are you over The Real World?

supersuper.

I still love the real world though since Paris its all gone down hill for me. I lived in the bucktown neighborhood when the chicago season was filmed, people reacted like idiots. WHO CARES if they're filming in your city ?

June 30 2008 at 12:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
NayNay

Why is such a bid damn deal if Real World is being shot in the city/town you live in..... it's not that damn serious people....get a clue and do what you gotta do....Stop worrying about what other folks are doing. Why judge people that you do not even know? I know that no one likes to be judged, so please people calm the fuck down and worry about your own shit and not people that are receiving an opportunity to experience somewhere they may or may not have been before. Once again, calm the fuck down......I'm sure Brooklyn is real nice, but last time I checked everyone is free do as they please and visit where they'd like to visit. Don't be a hater.
Increase the Peace.....lol

May 31 2008 at 5:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John D\'arc

gtfo of my town, MTV.

May 15 2008 at 1:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anna

21?? Seriously? This just makes me feel old. Kids today. Meh. They don't know "real" anymore.

May 14 2008 at 11:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MosquitoControl72

You mean as opposed to the self-important jerks already living in Brooklyn?

V-Necks are not to be worn by themselves.
Urban Outfitters does not sell decent merch.
Saetia was not as good as you remember them.
Veganism is a fad that you'll regret almost as much as your sxe tattoos.

May 14 2008 at 12:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chaim

Sam,

I never get that, why do you care? Its one thing not to watch, but its a little extreme to yell at them and sitrub the filming. Just let it be.

Bebop,

I'd venture to guess they will make the house in Williamsburg, thats much more village'ish. Although it would be a nice boost economically (as a visual advertisement) for Park Slope if they went there, which is becoming the new SoHo.

May 14 2008 at 10:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Chaim's comment
Sam

I care because
1) I'd rather people not know how awesome Brooklyn is. I'd much rather have it be my little secret.
2) I HATE the show, and MTV.
3) If I'm having dinner with my friends, I'd rather not be interrupted by a bunch of self-important jerks being followed by a camera crew.

May 14 2008 at 10:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bebop

As a born and raised Brooklynite, this makes me sick to my stomach. $10 bucks the house is located on Bedford ave.

May 14 2008 at 9:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sam

As a Brooklynite, I have to say, if I see one of them in my neighborhood they're getting yelled at and possibly eggs thrown at them. Get off my lawn!!!!

May 14 2008 at 9:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Sam's comment
Shanice

Honestly your an idiot because you just hating on real world because you ain't on it. If you do some stupid stuff like that you just gonna make peoples opinion's on brooklyn the truth. Because right now brooklyn is known to be poor and ghetto as hell and do dumb stuff like that n shoot people that is what they think of you people from brooklyn

July 18 2008 at 4:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sara

I love the Real World!! But I just wish they would have another season of Road Rules, and not like the last season were people were voted off. Does anyone know why they don't do Road Rules anymore??

May 14 2008 at 9:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply