November 28, 2014

Allison Mack will be in Smallville next season after all

by Isabelle Carreau, posted May 15th 2008 10:43AM
Allison MackSmallville fans, you can finally resume breathing. The last few weeks have been a roller coaster due to the fact the two creators left the show, because of the departure of Michael Rosenbaum and the announcement that two new regulars would join and because of contract negotiations for Kristin Kreuk and Allison Mack.

It was confirmed pretty early on that Kreuk would only be a part-timer next season. However, Mack's future with the show was up in the air. Actually, it was even talked that she would not be returning because she couldn't reach an agreement with The CW show. The latter news was supported by the fact her name was omitted earlier this week in the network's Upfront press release.

TV Guide's Michael Ausiello breaks the news today that Mack inked a deal with the show to be a series regular next season. According to his sources, the actress will appear in all episodes of Season 8. I'm relieved that Mack will stick around because she is my favorite character on the series. Are you happy she is sticking around or would you have preferred to have Chloe leave Smallville and Metropolis for good?

Show regulars for Season 8 of the series are expected to be Tom Welling, Laura Vandervoort, Erica Durance, Aaron Ashmore and Allison Mack as well as the two actors who'll play Davis "Doomsday" Bloom and new female character Tess. Kristin Kreuk may be billed as a regular but, as I've said before, she will only appear in a few episodes.

MagicMyk

Where can we send Allison Birthday Card Greeting?
Do you have any address? email add or business address.thanks

July 28 2008 at 11:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kennat5pm

They need to get a younger looking Lois, one that is in her mid-twenties like Allison. The current Lois on Smallville looke way over the hill with those huge silicone breast implants, she looks like she belongs to another generation.., not generation X.

May 18 2008 at 4:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mary

Yay!

I wouldn't watch it without Chloe/Allison because there's no reason to. I mean, no Michael and with two new characters? Just no!

Please writers, give us Chlark and Chlois please.

May 16 2008 at 7:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
taylor

I love Smallville, but even my adoration can't mask how uneven this season has been. I just hope that next season will be better. Thank the gods Allison Mack is returning.

May 15 2008 at 7:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Zach

I was really disappointed to hear that Rosenbaum left but crushed when I heard Mack was leaving.
I don't watch the show often but that character [probably because of the charming actress] is just the perfect woman. She's wicked and unbelievably hot - this announcement is a relief.

May 15 2008 at 3:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ac

Honestly if she wasn't on board I wouldn't of been either. Lex and Chloe were the most interesting characters in recent years and with both gone I dont think I could watch. The lack of Lana is an upside however Doomsday doesn't sound like a good fit for Smallville. I'm not a fan of the comics but I read that Doomsday killed Superman. If Doomsday could kill Superman, Clark on Smallville is going to last 5 seconds against this guy. However the season sounds like its short so maybe it will work as long as Lex returns for the finale and Lana dies on the premire. I got so annoyed when I saw the preview for tonight's episode showing Lana recovered and Chloe with the milky white eyes Lana had in zombie mode. I feared Chloe was biting the dust too.

May 15 2008 at 2:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tom

The greatest irony of this show is that Chloe is really the perfect fit for Clark, relationship wise. We all knew that, regardless of what happened in the series, Clark and Lana would never stay together. And frankly, I've never felt there's been a spark between Welling/Clark and Durance/Lois. Watching them on screen, it's been hard to envision that down the road they'd fall in love.

Yes, I understand that's the point of their relationship right now...but still, I've never seen anything that suggested chemistry between them.

With Chloe however I think they made a character that, were there not established cannon requiring Lois and Clark to at some point become couple, I'd very much have wanted to see her and him together in the end.

You know that might make for an interesting poll -- ignoring established Superman mythos, who would Smallville fans rather see Clark end up with at the end of the series -- Lana, Lois or Chloe?

May 15 2008 at 1:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mj green

Whew! At least now I can watch it. Without Chloe, no way. I think Michael is making a huge mistake. On the other hand, NO LANA!!!!! Chloe is such an awesome character; however, please, please stop the Jimmy/Chloe thing. NO NO NO. For some reason, writers don't get it. This happened with the Jackie/Hyde romance on That 70's Show. The fans LOVED it, so naturally, they stopped it. If you read Smallville Fan Fiction, the perfect relationship is Oliver and Chloe. Read some, it works. This could lead to a great spin off with Ollie's gang, aka the JL.

May 15 2008 at 1:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Edward

According to Brad in his Reaper post, "The show will return for 13 episodes in the mid-season and will likely run alongside the CW's other fantasy suspense series Supernatural after Smallville finishes its run."

May 15 2008 at 12:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Edward

So it's only 13 episodes to wrap up the series??? Really?

May 15 2008 at 12:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Edward's comment
Isabelle Carreau

I have not seen the official episode number order in writing yet.

May 15 2008 at 12:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply