August 29, 2014

Katee Sackhoff joins Nip/Tuck, and other casting news

by Brett Love, posted May 19th 2008 8:24AM

Morgan FairchildWith Battlestar ending, and Bionic Woman ended, the lovely and talented Ms. Sackhoff could use a new gig. Why not Nip/Tuck? Sackhoff is set to join the FX series for a four episode arc as Dr. Theodora "Teddy" Lowe. She's said to present a challenge for Sean (Dylan Walsh).

But wait, there's more. What's better than Katee Sackhoff on Nip/Tuck? How about some Morgan Fairchild? She will be appearing for one episode as a movie star. I suppose we could debate which is actually better, but for me, there is just something about Morgan Fairchild. Whichever you prefer, both are nice additions for the show. Read on past the jump for more casting notes from Caprica, Warehouse 13, and that crazy sounding House spin-off idea.

Polly WalkerThe Caprica cast continues to fill up, adding another member of the HBO family in the form of Rome's Polly Walker. Her role as Sister Clarice Willow doesn't sound like a huge departure from Rome's Atia, or Cane's Ellis, as she is described as being an eloquent and duplicitous high priestess at the private religious school, Athena Academy.

Over at Warehouse 13, Saul Rubinek has been cast as Artie Nielsen, the Secret Service agent in charge of the warehouse. And finally, while the the House P.I. spin-off idea is still just a possibility, they've found their man. Michael Weston (Private Brian Dancer on Scrubs) will join the show next season as P.I. Lucas. Right now it is planned as a multiple episode arc, with the idea that if it goes over well with fans, it could become a full on series. Kind of a Richie Brockelman, Private Eye for the new millennium.

dec2006

Ooooo... 10 points for the Richie Brockelman, Private Eye reference!

May 19 2008 at 1:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to dec2006's comment
Brett Love

Thank you Chaz. I do love me some Richie Brockelman. :D

May 19 2008 at 1:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RT

Good. Maybe the Nip/Tuck people can get Sackhoff the real life nose job she desperately needs.

May 19 2008 at 10:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to RT's comment
Joey Geraci

Heresy! Starbuck is beautiful just the way she is!

Every time I hear that name, Micheal Weston, I think of Burn Notice. I wonder if they named the character after that actor.

NipTuck used to be amazing (I think it had the best first season of almost any show in existence, hands down), but it is far, far past the point when the show should be put out of its misery. Hopefully Katee can bring a touch of class to the show that it desperately needs, but she'll probably just end up in Christian's bed. (Ewwwww)

(Ewwwwwwwwww!)

May 19 2008 at 12:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
iamored8907

I really love the N/T stories, but when is it coming back? I thought spoilers/casting news, would only only appear a few months before it started up? So does this mean June or is it still September?

May 19 2008 at 10:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Thomas

The interesting thing for me is that there is a chance that we won't know the full casting for Caprica until BSG ends, what with potential spoilers and people maybe being something we didn't think they were...

May 19 2008 at 9:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Galley

Morgan Fairchild looks like she's still in her 30s. Amazing!

May 19 2008 at 8:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply