July 24, 2014

Emeril Lagasse moves to Fine Living Network

by Bob Sassone, posted May 20th 2008 12:02PM

EmerilLate last year we told you how Emeril Lagasse was going to leave Food Network. Now we know where he's going.

The chef is going to move his Emeril Live show to the Fine Living Network. The show will air in the same time slot (7pm) that it currently runs in, seven nights a week. The new shows start on July 7th. Emeril is part of the Martha Stewart empire now (except for his many restaurants, which he has held on to), and repeats of Martha's daily syndicated show run on Fine Living every night as well. Both shows will air next to each other on the schedule.

Fine Living is a network that I keep forgetting to watch. It's way up in the 170s on my cable system, and I always forget to watch it. This move won't push me to watch the station (honestly, Emeril Live is a chore to get through, with the live band and the "bams!" and the audience), but it did remind me that I should watch the channel a little bit more.

Frankie

Hey Emeril!! I wish you the best my friend!!

Your pal

Frankie Imbergamo/Boston!!

June 10 2008 at 8:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jen

umm...yeah...it was reported that Emeril was losing his Food TV show a few months ago, but the Fine Living news is pretty current.

May 20 2008 at 3:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Jen's comment
Oreo

No it was reported that he would be on Fine Living and that his show will be called Emeril Green Cooking or something like that. This new show is exactly the same as his Food Network show but it will be "healthier".

May 20 2008 at 7:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Oreo

Umm... yeah... This was reported on here I think 3-4 months ago.

May 20 2008 at 1:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kevin

Doesn't the Food Network own FineLiving? So in essence he never left.

May 20 2008 at 1:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Kevin's comment
CRVBOY

Yes, both Food Network and Fine Living Network (along with HGTV and DIY) are owned by Scripps.

May 20 2008 at 2:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply