July 28, 2014

Human Tetris coming to Fox - VIDEOS

by Anna Johns, posted May 20th 2008 1:44PM
human tetris; hole in the wallHuman Tetris: It's the stupidest, simplest idea ever for a game show... which makes it frickin' brilliant! (Although, my co-worker, Joel, does not agree) Audiences in Japan and Denmark are nuts for it. That was enough for Fox to go from ordering one pilot to grabbing up an entire season, based on the popularity of the shows overseas and on the internet.

The version coming to American television next season is called Hole in the Wall. This game show is about people contorting their bodies to fit through an odd-shaped hole in a wall. The wall comes flying at them and they have to fit through the hole or be pushed into a pool of water. Simple, right? And it's going to be addictive as hell.

Fox picked up 13 hours of the show, which can be cut down into 26 half-hour episodes. Teams of three will compete individually and as an entire group to fit through the holes in the walls. I've never wanted to be on a game show before, but I totally want on this one.

Episodes of the Danish and Japanese versions are on YouTube, so I kindly posted them in this article. I dare you to not waste an entire half hour watching these today.

**Update: Here's casting information.

[Thanks, James]

Angel Chua

April 08 2011 at 8:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kendall

This is one of my favorite things to watch on Youtube, if Anna doesn't go to be on it, I WANT TO BE ON IT.

May 20 2008 at 11:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JD Myers

Anna, if you want to give it a try, we'd love to have you!

800-846-5386 is the casting hotline, and we sent in a feedback form with our office number.

- Casting Dept at FremantleMedia for Hole in the Wall

May 20 2008 at 7:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
yukky

I've seen a small part of the Japanese version on TV, and its similar to what BartmanDK said. They use TV talent and local celebrities to make it interesting. It's more interesting to see someone that you know (of) to make a fool of him/herself.

May 20 2008 at 6:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BartmanDK

I have seen the danish version, and since im from Denmark i think i enjoyed it more then the average YouTube viewer.. I think i have seen two full episodes of this show and the first i saw was pretty funny and the second one sucked! The difference? The guests! In Denmark the teams consist of a celeberity and two of his friends.. In the first episode they had two comedians which actuly made it pretty funny, but in the second episode it was just two people who i dont really know why are considered celebritys and after the first wall it was just going downhill fast.. Havent watched any episodes since that since this show pretty just sucks! If you have seen 1 episodes you have pretty much seen all of them!

May 20 2008 at 2:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Franklin

I have to side with Joel on this. I cannot see how this is even remotely entertaining to someone who's not on drugs.

May 20 2008 at 2:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply