July 31, 2014

CSI bringing Jorja Fox back for fall premiere

by Allison Waldman, posted May 22nd 2008 6:02PM
CSI When Sara left CSI, driving out of Las Vegas on her way to who knows what, he left behind a brokenhearted Gil Grissom. The producers of CSI were wise to keep the door open for the character to return, and that's just what's happening -- at least for one show. According to TV Guide's Michael Ausiello, Jorja Fox will be in the season premiere of CSI. Oh, and she won't be the only former cast mate on the show; so will Gary Dourdan as Warrick.

I know, I know -- I can hear you now, how is that possible? Didn't he die in the CSI finale? When we last saw Warrick, he'd been shot twice and left to die in his car. Could the CSI have survived a bullet through the neck? He was slumped over the steering wheel, so he looked dead. And the sheriff shot him a second time -- presumably a death shot to the head since it was an execution.

Ausiello's sources claim that Warrick's return will not be a flashback. He thinks we're in for a "gut wrenching death scene." He could be right, they could go in that direction. However, CSI could think outside the reality box, too. They could go the apparition or ghost route. It wouldn't be the first time; there was the episode a few seasons back where the corpses talked, telling the story of how they died. That was definitely not real, but this is a fictional show and they can take a leap if they feel like it.

Maybe Warrick will appear to viewers, aware that he's dead, but unable to cross over or something like that. Maybe he goes to his funeral or helps solve his murder? Any ideas? Tell us about them in the comments.

As for Jorja, there's no doubt she'll be back to see Gil. Even after leaving Las Vegas, she was in touch with Grissom. She called him on one episode which put a smile on his face, so we can assume the two are still romantically connected.

amber

i think sara should come back because the team need her and i hope rick lives cause nick would be lost with out his best friend the others on the team too but nick and griss the most i think i hope sara comes back she is my fav csi!!!!!!!!

August 09 2008 at 11:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Elizabeth

I'm glad Gary will be back for an episode to wrap up his storyline. He's one of the originals and he deserves a great sendoff. I hope Sara is only back for his funeral then leaves permanently. I don't hate Sara but I hate it when things like this are drug out. Either she's gone or she's not, but I hate this back and forth. And I don't want to see Grissom pine. If she's gone, I hope they break up and have it done with.

July 08 2008 at 11:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Patty

I hope Sara's back PERMANENTLY.
The electricity between her and Grissom was undeniable. He was the one who called for her to come to Vegas from California in the first place. They go way back.
She is just the type of woman he would love: Intelligent, driven, beautiful, and emotional--she compensates for Gil's coolness.
After all people, Gil needs someone in his life (not just the bugs, beetles, spiders, etc.).
It would never turn into a Gil & Sara show. The cast is terrific in it's entirety.

July 06 2008 at 11:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MaryLou Hagelberg

CSI isn't the same without the Grissom/Sara storyline. I watched every episode to see the very brief interactions between these two. Have found myself watching CSI:Miami instead since Sara left. Couldn't care less if Warrick ever comes back.

July 06 2008 at 5:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Peggie

I am happy to see JF back. Permanently hopefully. The show is notthe same without her. You go Jorja!!

June 23 2008 at 9:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lucia

Wow, I'm glad Jorja's back, even if it's only for one episode. I hope we get to see the whole cast together one last time, and I hope the GSR has a happy resolution, as well as the other character's storylines (except for Warrick, that is).

June 15 2008 at 1:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kasha

Oh, no. Gorja is coming back? Well....cross CSI off of my viewing picks for Fall. She can't act, she has no personality, her voice is monotonous, and she's hardly the type Gil Grissom would be attracted to. Ugh!

June 01 2008 at 11:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gigi

Ok this might sound crazy but I think Warrick will not really die. I think the FEDS will get invloved. This is the mob we are talking about and who knows how high up the food chaing this goes. I think that everyone will be led to beleve that Warrick died. I am not sure how but I think Warrick will pull trough. I do not think this is over yet. I do not think he will be a ghost or anything like that. Something is cooking up at that writers desk but not sure what but I can tell you that Warrick will be alive next season.

May 27 2008 at 10:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Manuel Reis

Well, Tony Almeida survived with a shot in his neck in 24's third season... Then he died but now he's alive again... It's the Magic of TV!

This is TV, and CSI is one of the less realistic shows on the air. If a crime can be solved in an hour or two, people don't die if they have bullets in their heads, chests or even (ando quoting Monty Python) "in the place where the sun doesn't shine"!

May 25 2008 at 10:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dragulf

Wasn't Warrick shot in the neck then twice in the chest?

May 25 2008 at 1:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply