October 20, 2014

NBC announces more of the cast for Crusoe

by Kristin Sample, posted May 22nd 2008 8:31PM
Sean Bean Today, NBC released more casting news for its new fall drama / adventure series Crusoe, and it looks like some more big screen actors are finding a home on the small screen. Sam Neill (Jurassic Park), Sean Bean (The Lord of the Rings) and Joss Ackland (Lethal Weapon 2) will join the cast.

Crusoe, based on Daniel Defoe's novel, is due to film in the UK, South Africa, and the Seychelles. The show will follow the title character (played by Philip Winchester) on his island adventures while flashing back to his life before he was a castaway. Sean Bean will play Crusoe's widower father and appear in scenes that depict his tragic childhood. Sam Neill will play Jeremiah Blackthorn, a family friend who keeps a close watch on Robinson Crusoe's business ventures.

I will definitely be tuning in and checking this show out. I like that it's based on a classic novel. Sam Neill, no stranger to television work, was great in The Tudors, and I've had the biggest crush on Sean Bean since his Boromir days in LOTR.

Does Crusoe look interesting to you?

Angela

Sean Bean is my all-time favorite actor, hot, handsome,
and superbly talented. It's about time we USA fans are getting a chance to see him in an American TV series.
His talent is so under-utilized in the USA - it's about time
our movie/TV producers start to recognize what a powerhouse of an actor he is. YESSSSSSSSS ! ! !

August 06 2008 at 4:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mj green

The BBCA has Sharpe on often. I have every episode, including the Making of Sharpe. This is a man who is so, so attractive, and a fine actor, as well. I would watch him reading from a phone book.

May 23 2008 at 5:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Willmore

Dammit, now I'll have to watch this. Damn you Sean Bean, damn you.

May 23 2008 at 11:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mimi

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!! Sean Bean and Philip Winchester are two super hotties!! I am so excited -I adore these two and would gladly watch them in just about anything....woohoo- happy Friday news to me!

May 23 2008 at 9:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
julian

just discussing this in the office yesterday...

who would we REALLY want to see?

OJ
Dog Chapman
Michael Vick
Tonya Harding
Rosie O'donnell
Donald Trump

Now THAT would be must see TV...

May 23 2008 at 9:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Saavik

Gah . . . I really don't want to watch this series, but for Sean Bean and Sam Neill I'd watch almost anything.

May 23 2008 at 2:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sludgehound

Love the book as do others I imagine.
The Lost replay did come to mind of course but Sean Bean...
That's a saver. The action and grabber
nature of story will make it.
btw Brit TV in form of MI-5 series shows
the toughness of how they handle tough
story flow. Hope filming there rubs off.
Will see how buzz goes in Fall.

May 23 2008 at 12:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mj green

Sean Bean? My all time favorite actor in the entire universe? Sean Bean?????!!!! I will watch and TIVO every single moment of it. I could care less about what the show is about. Sean Bean??? Boromir??? omg.

May 22 2008 at 9:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to mj green's comment
Akbar Fazil

if you love Sean Bean, and haven't seen them yet I highly recommend the entire "Sharpe's" series.

May 23 2008 at 12:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ann

You gals have NOT seen SHARPE yet? You have a treat! And there are lots of hours. He is so cute! And tough and
wise. It is hard to separate Sean from Sharpe, although I
have to admit that Sean is probably not as seasoned as Sharpe was. Interestingly enough the books don't make
Sharpe anywhere near as Sean Bean makes him. Check out Sharpe (BBC) at your local library, it is great! (He was still married to Molly at the time with two young daughters.

August 19 2008 at 3:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Edward

Why would it copy Lost when it is based on a novel? It doesn't need to since it is "copying" another piece of work. I hope it does justice to Daniel Defoe's work.

May 22 2008 at 9:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jake

With this cast, the show does look more interesting. But since NBC will most likely cancel it I'll wait for the DVD. If it is a simple jungle island adventure, but perhaps more amped up and dramatic, it should do well. But with the flashbacks, it sounds like it could try to copy Lost. That would be a huge mistake.

May 22 2008 at 8:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply