October 22, 2014

Style gives weight loss the spotlight in new series

by Erin Martell, posted May 22nd 2008 9:22AM
Style NetworkThe Style Network is taking on obesity issues with its newest reality series. The channel behind reality shows like Kimora: Life in the Fab Lane just ordered episodes of a new series called Ruby. Ruby will tell the story of Ruby Gettinger, an obese woman from Georgia, as she attempts to lose weight. Gettinger weighs five hundred pounds and is under doctor's orders to lose a significant amount of weight.

Actress Brittany Daniel, a personal friend of Gettinger's, will act as the show's consulting executive producer. She is also going to appear on the show occasionally. Style has ordered nine episodes of Ruby, a one-hour premiere and eight half-hour episodes. The reality series will air this fall.

Style wants Ruby to be inspirational, yet fun. I'm glad that the network is expanding its programming to include body issues, since it already has fashion topics covered with makeover shows like How Do I Look?. It's a responsible move on Style's part to acknowledge that health is a significant part of looking good. I'll be keeping an eye out for this show in the fall.

Tonya

Wow! This show is going to be great. Ruby seems like such a character, and this is a topic most of us can relate to....I don't plan to miss any episode.

May 30 2008 at 3:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Diane Smith

WOW! I am amazed at the static's. Watching this opened my eyes. Can you please email us and let us know when this is coming to television? We are going to follow this show and do it with you.

May 29 2008 at 9:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rebekah Brown

this sounds like a very interesting show can't wait to watch

May 27 2008 at 6:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Angela

How refreshing; & certainly a more "real" issue than most reality shows out there! Ruby is such a beautiful person, & so witty with her little, "It'll be a cold day in helicopter" comments. I, for one, cannot wait to see this show!
Angela from Miami

May 26 2008 at 6:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carol Hamilton

The more I read about Ruby, the more intrigued I am becoming! You guys at Style are doing an amazing thing for all of us out here! Ruby is a very beautiful person that is going to help so many people. Me and many of my friends have problems with weight loss. It is on my mind every minute of every day. Thank you for bringing this problem to the TV. Can't wait to follow this show and lose weight with Ruby!!!

May 26 2008 at 2:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scott Bazemore

I 've been reading about your story. I am amazed that a girl as pretty as you is extremely overweight. It is time you free yourself and others like you. I myself look forward to watching you become free.

May 26 2008 at 12:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sonya

I heard about this show on the radio. I came home and surf the net. I found so much information on Ruby. I was able to see a clip. I can relate to Ruby. She is so beautiful! I can't wait to watch her transformation. If you are reading this Ruby. My family and I are rooting for you. Hopefully I can lose weight with you. Please let us know when this show will be on TV. The Richardson family

May 26 2008 at 12:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tubesteak

If we're talking about style, then this has to have a place in the conversation:

May 22 2008 at 4:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply