November 29, 2014

Mad Men moving to Sunday nights

by Bob Sassone, posted May 29th 2008 2:18PM

Mad Men CDAMC has announced that the critically-acclaimed drama Mad Men will return for a second season on July 27, in its new Sunday at 10pm time slot. This moves it away from another hit cable show, Burn Notice, which is staying in its Thursday at 10 time slot, but puts it up against Lifetime's Army Wives (and, for the record, network shows like ABC's Brothers & Sisters)

I don't really see this as a bad thing. People record and watch shows at all different times now, and besides, a lot of hip cable shows have been successful on Sunday nights (The Sopranos, Deadwood, etc). AMC will also have a marathon of the first season's 13 episodes on July 20.

In other news, a soundtrack from the show will be released on June 22, and the first season DVDs will be in stores on July 1.

What do you think of the move?

[via TV Tattle]

khamel

concur with others here, it will be shown enough that i can watch it even if its up against something i like but isn't replayed. psyched for another season of the ad men in nyc.

May 29 2008 at 5:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris Shifty

Watching it at 10 or on TiVo it doesn't matter. It would be great if it was still on Thursdays, watching 30 Rock, The Office and then Mad Men made for great television in the fall.

But AMC will repeat this twice on Sundays and numerous times throughout the week.

What's interesting is CTV in Canada just picked up the network rights and will start airing the first season Sundays at 10 starting June 8.
AMC Canada should have the second season going up against the first but only for those in prairie provinces.

Emmy noms on July 16, hopefully the show will get some recognition.

May 29 2008 at 5:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rick

It's also up against Ice Road Truckers too

May 29 2008 at 4:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eileen

I love Mad Men and have been eagerly awaiting its return. I also love Brothers & Sisters. As long as Mad Men follows the cable rule of offering several viewing times throughout the week for my Tivo to pick up on, I'm cool with the move.

May 29 2008 at 3:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

I will make a point to watch it whenever it airs.

May 29 2008 at 2:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
divineparasite

I think its a great move. I hate those when shows past the "prime-time" that I watch are on during the week. Often I forget to watch them when they first air. Fourtunately for shows like "Mad Men", they repeat them throughout the week. Or at least hopefully they will continue to do so.

May 29 2008 at 2:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply