July 25, 2014

Hey, do you think Jericho will be renewed?

by Bob Sassone, posted May 30th 2008 1:41PM

Jericho billboardI know, I know, you're thinking to yourself, "I thought we went through this already and Jericho has been officially, definitely, and finally canceled by CBS?" Oh, silly people!

Jericho fans just won't quit. The "Save Jericho" people have erected a billboard on Ventura Blvd. in Los Angeles. It looks like a real estate ad, with a sign that says "TV Show For Sale," and includes the CBS phone number and the URL for a web site. They're looking for a new home for the show, and if it's not CBS then maybe The Sci-Fi Channel or another cable network.

Now, I sort of rolled my eyes at this, but what makes it a little bit more confusing is that Jericho producers Carol Barbee and Jon Steinberg called into a radio show during Jerichon and said that they were having meetings with various people and that they were optimistic. Huh?!

[via Franklin Ave.]

Donald

In response to this comment -->Jeebus said...

"Come on....how long can a show about a nuclear holocaust REALLY go on for? I like the show.....but eventually they will run out of ideas and Jake will invent a machine that takes the cherries out of chocolate covered cherries and replace them with yucky mayonnaise."

The creaters of JERICHO won't run out of ideas. This show isn't just about a nuclear holocaust, it's about expressing what it's like to work together to make a difference. You're either too stupid to comprehend what goes on in JERICHO or you our not from this country. Maybe we should just leave Big Brother 9 on and continue poisoning our minds by watching all these unrealistic crime dramas and people acting like their on drugs in big brother 9. JERICHO is the only tv show on tv that requires a heart and a brain to watch.

June 03 2008 at 3:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Donald

Yes it should get renewed. It dam well deserves it especially when you compare "JERICHO" to everything else that is on tv. Jericho should have been last on the list to be canceled. Check out this preview of JERICHO...I can't believe they would cancel something this good.

June 03 2008 at 3:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RangerEstrea

This is the 21st century. The paradigm has changed. Old media (i.e. broadcast television) must change with it. And this is just another example of such a change. "Jericho Nuts" are not going away. There is much more to the story to tell. CBS put it in a bad time slot for the desired 18-49 demographic. And, yes, I fall within that demo. Barely. I want "Jericho" back. If it takes a three-way split production-wise, so be it. I'm not going away. I will keep yammering. I want to see the rest of the story.

June 02 2008 at 10:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeebus

June 02 2008 at 12:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ed

I am one of the Jericho Rangers in Hot Pursuit of a Season 3 somewhere. CBS executives aka Nina Tassler duped Us. Yes we got a SHORT second season that was meant to make US go away. WE WILL NOT. They Used Us Jericho Fans In a Sick way to Lodge an ALL TALK and NO WALK Campaign to get Nielsen to look at online and dvr viewers. In the End they canceled our Show blamed it on US JERICHO FANS that ratings weren't achieved. Using ...ah what measure??? Well the Nielsen ratings of Course. Oh but Nobody was Noticing? TV Network Ratings and Viewers were down ACROSS THE BOARD after the writers Strike. Duh.
You Look at the Timing of Jericho's release and the way the Network Promoted it? Pretty sad considering we JERICHO FANS gave CBS enough ammo to were a wisely crafted AD Campaign could have potentially Pulled in the new viewers CBS had laid on Our Backs.
Nice to have the show back but I always doubted the Networks Intentions. Bold Face Lies. This IS our world too TV exec's. You respond or lose. We are Determined to get Jericho a Full 3rd Season somewhere.
MS Tassler? You lost a Loyal sit down every Night and watch CBS Viewer when you decided to pull this crap with US Jericho Fans. When Jericho goes Good elsewhere their will be Egg on your Face.

June 01 2008 at 12:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cher352

Hoping Jericho makes it back somewhere. It is the best show out in years! Really makes you think about what is important in life and what you would do.

June 01 2008 at 3:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cher352

Love this show, Jericho! It really makes you think about what is important in life and what is worth fighting for. Enough of reality shows, really lame sitcoms and autospied bodies. Get me a show that makes me think and Jericho does that. There is so much storyline left, I hope it makes it!!

June 01 2008 at 2:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shelly

I would love to see Jericho back. It was one of the best shows on in a long time. It goes to show that the viewers do have some say in what goes on the air. Look at some of what is on now. It does not compare to Jericho

May 31 2008 at 8:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MERVE-THE-PERVE

Jericho only has 6 million viewers because that's what the out-dated ratings system says they have. They are way off. Jericho will be back and better than ever very soon. Nuts To Nielsen!

May 31 2008 at 5:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
twister

I AM PROUD TO BE AN INTERNATIONAL JERICHO RANGER...DOESNT MATTER WHAT PEOPLE SAY..I WILL KEEP FIGHTING...JERICHO RULES!!!!

May 31 2008 at 4:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply