October 24, 2014

Instant Star returns!

by Brett Love, posted Jun 1st 2008 2:15PM

Alexz Johnson and Laura Vandervoort - Instant StarI'm sure that thirty-something IT guys with freakish beards is not the demographic that The-N is searching for, but they've hooked me just the same. Instant Star, Beyond The Break, and South Of Nowhere have all long ago earned their season passes on my DVR, and I can be sucked into a Degrassi marathon on occasion.

If you share my predilection for Canadian teen drama, you might be interested to know that Instant Star is back with all new episodes tomorrow. And if you like the teen drama from the north but haven't managed to get on board with Jude's adventures just yet, you can catch up with a huge marathon tomorrow. Starting at 1AM, there will be 15 hours worth of episodes leading up to the fourth season premiere at 5PM PST. That premiere will, of course, answer the big question... As The-N's promo department puts it, "OMG! Who did Jude choose?!"

Shane

I have some awesome news! Alexz Johnson, who plays our beloved Jude, FINALLY had released some songs from her forthcoming solo album and they are amazing...like, really, truly amazing. So different from her music on Instant Star. I don't know how much you, Brett, liked her music on the show but I was maybe hoping you could post a review of her new songs on TV Squad...please =)

myspace.com/alexzjohnson

THANKS!!!

June 15 2008 at 11:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brett Love

That is a great rule Jake, and goes a long way to explaining how I watched Heatstroke on SciFi last night, in its entirety. Although, there might be a rule in there somewhere about Danica McKellar in a bikini boosting the MQT for a given show.

ABT, well done!

June 01 2008 at 8:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Brett Love's comment
Edward

Isn't this the final season?

June 01 2008 at 11:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
AT

I've got to do this:

Holden: "You got a weird thing for Canadian melodrama."
Banky: "I got a weird thing for girls who say 'aboot.'"

(From Clerks.)

Enjoy the Canadian melodrama. Canadian TV (besides the phenomenon that is Degrassi) needs American support.

June 01 2008 at 8:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jake

If you haven't seen Radio Free Roscoe you're seriously missing out. Also SBTB re-runs=win, and I've been sucked into many an episode of Teh Creek, as #36 of Jake's Laws clearly states "The Minimum Quality Threshold for Viewing lowers as daybreak approaches."

June 01 2008 at 3:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply