August 22, 2014

Ron Moore interview online

by Brad Trechak, posted Jun 1st 2008 10:20AM

Ron MooreWired Magazine has posted online an interesting interview with Battlestar Galactica showrunner Ron D. Moore. In it he discusses several topics such as his philosophies behind the Battlestar Galactica relaunch and its prequel series Caprica and his new Fox show Virtuality, his work on the Star Trek franchise as well as his personal history and religious beliefs.

In the interview, Moore confesses that he was both jock and nerd. He went to a California high school in a town that was so small, he was a quarterback for the football team yet watched the original Star Trek. Or maybe he just simply didn't believe in such labels.

He also discusses dealing with online fans, stated best in this quote: "oh really, they don't like it when we do that? Well that's what were doing. We kind of go the other way. Oh, that'll piss them off? Well let's really piss them off. This'll really piss them off, that'll drive them insane. They'll say, oh, there's this guy who really hates the show, and all he talks about is how much he hates Starbuck. Oh, yeah? OK. Let's do a Starbuck episode."

It's a very good interview. Recommended.

radii

BSG Last Supper image solved: Guess who has wings?

June 03 2008 at 3:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ryan

I hate it when Starbuck doesn't prance around Galactica naked. Its fracking infuriating.

June 01 2008 at 11:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Usama

I can't believe I'm saying this (I think its happened once before), but I agree with Oreo in that I've been disappointed with the season so far. Sure there have been one or two good episodes, but overall this season has been disappointing.

June 01 2008 at 11:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ProgGrrl

I know you kids enjoy focusing on how Moore and other showrunners ignore/tease/outright PO the fans...but keep in mind BSG also gives fans plenty of tribute & subtle references.

The latest example: the return of the dog Jake in last Friday's ep. Fans clamored on the skiffy forum for his return...and now he will be Romo's replacement pet. :)

June 01 2008 at 12:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Oreo

That quote about the fans sums up season 4 perfectly.

"Let's piss everyone off because we don't know what the fuck we are doing".

Good plan Moore.

June 01 2008 at 11:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Oreo's comment
Joey Geraci

Oreo, why do you watch anything? Seriously, if you can not accept the greatness that is BSG Season 4, then how can you possibly watch anything else that is of so much lower quality.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think I could live with such a piss poor appreciation for great television.

June 01 2008 at 4:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply