July 31, 2014

Jericho star joins 24 prequel

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 3rd 2008 2:01PM

24 logoIf by some miracle Jericho does indeed come back, it will be without one cast member.

Sprague Grayden, who played Heather on the CBS show, has joined the cast of FOX's 24 prequel. She'll play the First Daughter, the daughter of the President of the United States.

This news comes on the heels of more casting news announced last week. It's an interesting cast: Grayden joins Cherry Jones, Janeane Garofalo, Robert Carlyle, Tony Todd, Gil Bellows, and Eric Lively (oh, and Kiefer Sutherland). The new season of 24 starts in January, but this prequel will air this fall.

Of course, maybe she could come back to Jericho too When she was on that CBS show, she had a role on Weeds as well. And while she's on 24 she's also going to be on FX's Sons of Anarchy. Now that's job security. She also had regular gigs on John Doe, Joan of Arcadia, Over There, and Six Feet Under.

Donald

Heather better be back in JERICHO. 24 sucks compared to JERICHO. I think going from JERICHO to 24 is like downgrading yourself on a first class flight to coach. I loved Heather.

June 04 2008 at 5:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
C C

Another excellent addition for 24 next season. I'm really, really happy with the people they're bringing on. I felt that last season they made some casting mistakes and didn't bring on actors with enough "charisma" (as much as I hate the word). I don't forsee a similar problem next season.

June 03 2008 at 5:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MrC

I was just happy that the lovely and talented Ms Grayden made it through Jericho alive (rather her character did)

She has a bad habit of getting cast as characters that die (John Doe, Joan of Arcadia, to name two), which is a shame because there is just something about her that I find very appealing. Maybe it's due in no small part to the fact that every time I hear her name it's in relation to an acting gig and not a drunken night out like many of hollywood's young ladies.

June 03 2008 at 2:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tom

If Karma had anything to do with Jericho's fate it was because of how they treated Sprague Grayden. They had a really nice romantic angle between her and Jake in the pilot and they just fumbled it. Then they seemed to not know what to do with her so they tossed her to New Bern and forgot about her until the end of the season.

She certainly deserved better and hopefully she'll get it on 24

P.S. Jericho's not coming back, get over it.

June 03 2008 at 2:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Tom's comment
MERVE-THE-PERVE

Jericho will be back. Soon. Then you will have to get over that. But I agree they kind of screwed her over on Jericho.

June 03 2008 at 8:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply