July 23, 2014

Problems on the set of the next Survivor

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 5th 2008 1:36PM

SurvivorThey haven't even begun filming yet and already there are problems on the set of the next Survivor.

Production on Survivor: Gabon, which starts filming later this month, has been hit with several problems during preproduction. Problem #1: shipments to the location have been delayed by 30 days. This means that the crew has to stay in tents and not a building. Problem #2: a crane fell over. Problem #3: $100,000 of food has gone missing. And Problem #4: dangerous animals are causing a problem.

I always roll my eyes when they talk about wild animals on Survivor. They always show dangerous animals in previews, and in episodes you always see many scenes of wildlife intercut into the action, but you rarely see any of those animals impact the game in any way. Or maybe this is a serious problem and I'm just being cynical. I'm a little ticked because I think the show really has to shake things up and not just go back to yet another jungle/island setting. I still say they go to a colder climate (and for those fans who say we won't see girls in bikinis I have two words for you: hot tub!).

The new season airs this fall.

laurie jones

i love survivor and i am wandering when the next show will be on and i think the animals add alot of interest to the show

July 17 2008 at 12:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chip

This is just a test to see if my password works.
Thanks

July 15 2008 at 3:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chip

Two comments about survivor/survivor man. 1. I agree that it should be filmed in a much colder setting. I for one am tired of seeing girls showing off their boobs to try to win. The Youkon would be a great setting in Oct. or Nov. They wouldn't have to vote anyone off. They'd probably all quit anyway. 2. My question for survivorman. Why did he get in the situation to begin with? I'd say stupidity. If I were going off in the wilds, I'd leave a trip plan with someone at home., I'd also take some emergency supplies with me. And last, but not least, NEVER GO ALONE.

July 15 2008 at 2:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kyle

They need more interesting challenges--it seems to be the same junk over and over and over again.

June 30 2008 at 10:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Picviewer

When I saw the headline of Problems on the set I just figured Freshly Hairdyed Probst had trouble hitting on the females to see who'd be the ultimate survivor.....

June 06 2008 at 4:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bash

Yeah... hot tub.

Get some insight and drop that idea. Watch the survivorman episodes where he goes into the canadian tundra and alaskas white desert. You'll soon find out that from a few hundred yards away this guy looks like he's just taking a rest on a trip with a snow mobile.

Not really a "Survial" situation. It needs to be warm for the scantily clad factor. Just accept it and try imagining something that's a real change and viable and not totally ridiculous to demand. It's as if you'd demand the chefs to cook in a Burg Kind on Hell's Kitchen to "spice things up".

June 05 2008 at 10:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MERVE-THE-PERVE

I was relaxed. And what does (sp.) mean?

June 05 2008 at 6:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to MERVE-THE-PERVE's comment
mr. O

Ron is into imposing his own rigid morality onto your actions and words...basically, ignore this idiot.

Anyone using the "Just because other people are doing it, doesn't mean you have to" argument needs to adjust their tone to the conversation they're involved in. This isn't a Disney-geared site, Ron. And you aren't speaking to your kids. Piss off.

June 30 2008 at 11:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ron

Well, Merv...you hold true to form. Just because everyone else is doing it, doesn't mean you have too. It's okay to think of others. Some people just don't want to read that crap, not just me. I'm not "picking" on you, you just happen to be the one who spoke last in that regard. My aim is to hopfully have the admins of the site see this and try to tone down the language. It's all about respecting others. I try to do that the best I can. And leave the bible thing out of it. Just because I don't like swearing, doesn't mean I'm bible thumping.

I actually enjoy your opinions on some shows sometimes so try to relax and take a little critisizm (sp.). Geez.

June 05 2008 at 5:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MERVE-THE-PERVE

I have no nasty retort for you. You are entitled to your opinion as am I. I didn't start cursing on here until I saw that everybody else was. Did I miss a 'No cursing allowed' sign somewhere? As for sexual references, I'm Merve The Perve. I gotta be me. Also, I have seen where even the reviewers have posted foul language and sexual references, but sure, I'll be your little scapegoat if it makes you feel better about yourself. Blame it all on me. It doesn't make a feces to me. Is that better? Now you can go to church this Sunday and tell all your bible-thumping buddies how you are making the internet a better place for families one perverted poster at a time. You can also choose to skip over my posts if you like and not read them.

June 05 2008 at 5:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ron

Why do you guys, the site admins, let a guy like merve-the-perv continue to post? He always post foul language and often has sexual references in his comments. This is supposed to be a family friendly site, from what I see anyways.

Merve...please think of others and leave the high school language off the posts. (And I fully expect a nasty retort, gee, I wonder why).

June 05 2008 at 3:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply