November 27, 2014

Best X-Files trailer so far

by Anna Johns, posted Jun 6th 2008 7:01PM

This latest trailer for The X-Files movie, coming out July 25th, actually has some meat to it. The past teaser-trailers haven't shown much except some snow and a lot of flashes of black. In this trailer, we actually get to see some of Mulder and Scully's co-stars -- namely, Amanda Peet and Billy Connolly. Peet appears to be an FBI agent who is a bit of an outsider because she's a believer in the paranormal, which is why Mulder is brought on to the case. Connolly plays an unusual man, a psychic, who may or may not be nuts.

Fortunately, this new trailer does not reveal what the mystery is all about. That would suck. There aren't aliens in this movie, it's more along the lines of a Monster-of-the-Week episode. Let's just say this trailer is enough to give me nightmares. It also makes me feel very cold (why do The X-Files movies always have to involve snow?).

I would love to embed the video for you, but I can't just yet. It's a Yahoo! exclusive at the moment, so you'll just have to pop on over there and check it out.

Matt

I have a feeling they know it's going to flop either way. It's a total fan piece, and I'm not so sure the fan base is really there anymore....perhaps I'm wrong...

...tho, they haven't done too much by way of advertising. No seeding, no images, nothing really...at least in a major way. There's just little buzz out there for this, and I think they know it. Pushing it out there is the only thing they can really do. If they push back the release date people will think they did it because there was a lack of faith, because they were admitting it was bad. Putting it out on this date will get the movie goers who already saw Dark Knight, and may help them to open with at least $10 mil.

I just think they should have left it alone, alas I'll prolly still see it!

June 07 2008 at 1:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Galley

Damn, that looks good in 1080p on my 24" iMac!

June 06 2008 at 9:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Galley's comment
Bash

I am listening to The Who while reading your comment.

You know as in Who gives a shit.

June 07 2008 at 5:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
plinstrot

I hate to say this, but unless they push this movie back into late August or September, it will flop, and we won't see any more X-Files movies.

June 06 2008 at 8:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to plinstrot's comment
superbagman

I agree.

I LOVE the X-files, but this flick is coming out a week after The Dark Knight...I have a very bad feeling about it's chances. I'm not sure why they didn't release it around Halloween.

On the bright side I've heard that it was made on a very small budget, so it should be easy to recoup it's costs. So there is still a chance that there could be a sequel...

June 06 2008 at 9:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dwacon_com

Might be more interesting to see Gillian Anderson guest star on Duchovny's Showtime Series.

June 06 2008 at 8:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to dwacon_com's comment
Robert

Agreed. That show is awesome, and could use the Anderson touch to make it all that more awesome.

June 07 2008 at 5:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
divineparasite

Been looking forward to this movie since the series finale of "The X-Files". Always knew there would be a second film, just didn't think it would take this long. No matter, it does look promising. Are Xzibit and Amanda Peet working at the perhaps long dormant "X-Files" department of the FBI?

June 06 2008 at 8:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brad

Mmmmm. I've always had a soft spot for the X-Files. I really hope this ends up being great, or I may go on a rampage...much like I had to do when "The Lone Gunmen" show started....damn that was painful.

June 06 2008 at 7:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Europa

Ooooooo! I wish my computer at work had sound. Damn, "big brother!" I can't wait to get home! :)

June 06 2008 at 7:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply