November 24, 2014

Here are the "stars" signed for Hulk Hogan's Celebrity Wrestling

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 6th 2008 6:02PM

DiamondWhat do you get when you mix Dustin Diamond, Danny Bonaduce, and Todd Bridges? Well, probably the worst references ever, but beyond that, you get the cast of the new CMT celebrity reality show Hulk Hogan's Celebrity Championship Wrestling.

The three men will join other celebs such as Tiffany, Butterbean (?), Trishelle Canatella (from The Real World - God help us), Nikki Ziering, and Frank Stallone (Sylvester's brother), who will try to out-wrestle each other. Actually, it won't be all wrestling. They will also get points for trash talking and working the audience, just like in real wrestling!

The one part about this that makes me a bit sad is that Erin Murphy is going to participate too. She played Tabitha on Bewitched. Aw, come on Erin, do something better than this, please?

I don't know what I was expecting. Of course people like this are going to sign up for a celebrity reality show. It's not like Steve Carell or Tina Fey or Robert Redford would want to do it. But can't we at least get some new C-level celebs in the mix for these shows?

colby

Okay, just reading "Frank Stallone" made Norm McDonald's voice pop into my head : P

June 09 2008 at 11:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Duane

"Celebrity Boxing", 1 and 2. Danny Bonaduce and Todd Bridges were in the first, Screech was in the second.

June 07 2008 at 6:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Duane

Wait...aren't those "celebrities" almost the exact same cast of the show Fox did a few years back with Celebrities boxing the hell out of each other? I remember it well because Dustin Diamond fought Ron Palillo ("Horseshack") in a battle of the nerds. It was painful to watch. Sounds like it will be again. That was the show that had a basketball player against a football player, it looked like a stick bug trying to hump a basketball.

June 07 2008 at 6:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CBXweb

Is anyone else just tired of seeing this type of stuff? I mean not saying you are tired but end up "watch in disgust", but just not even caring about it anymore. I really do not care about Dustin Diamond and whatever he is trying to do, I dont care about Deion Sanders and his wife, I dont care about bisexual Asians, I just dont care.

Or maybe, Im just jaded that Blow Out is canceled.

June 07 2008 at 5:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MERVE-THE-PERVE

I'm not an idiot but I see that I didn't get my point across. I was not comparing mma and wrestling. I read the article Bob was referring to and it says they will be judged on trash-talking, working the crowd, and mastering wrestling moves. BB, based on his fighting experience, should win the first 2 easily seeing who he's up against. If he can master the wrestling moves he should be able to win all 3 parts. He just seems a little over-qualified, thats all. There is also the potential for serious injury if he gets a little over-zealous with the undersized 'celebs' he'll be facing. I don't pay to watch mma anymore since they got rid of the no rounds tournament style action. I won't pay $50 for 5 or 6 fights when I used to get 20-30 fights for that much 15 yrs ago. Their skill level is much greater now though. Too many controversial endings for me. They never had any back in the early days. They fought until someone tapped out or got ko'd. I didn't even know BB was still doing mma. Last I saw he was in a 4 round 'exhibition match' on a boxing undercard. I figured he retired by now.

June 07 2008 at 4:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Picviewer

So will the Shuckster show county jail footage of Nick taking it from behind?

June 07 2008 at 12:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Darren

Won last longer then a week!

June 06 2008 at 10:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
david

before you tune in and watch this please check out some of the tape recorded conversations hulk hogan has had with his son in jail. He really is the scum of the earth.

-------------------

merve the perve you are an idiot (if i get censored for name calling him an idiot with half the stuff he has said something is wrong with the world)... butterbean has had mma matches as recently as 6 months ago... not that that means anything. Comparing mma to pro wrestling is like comparing driving a remote control car to 200mph+ nascar

June 06 2008 at 7:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Andrew

Oh God this is going to be a trainwreck! I can't wait!

June 06 2008 at 7:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Andrew's comment
D-Bo

My thoughts exactly.

June 07 2008 at 6:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MERVE-THE-PERVE

Butterbean should win this easily as he is about 300 pounds already and has ultimate fighter experience (although that was 15 yrs ago when the skill level of the fighters was much lower) and some boxing experience. But I still can't imagine HH throwing 'celebs' into the ring with this guy. Maybe they're talking about somebody else named Butterbean. And aren't all the rest of those 'celebs' the same ones from the 'celeb' boxing on Fox a few years back?

June 06 2008 at 6:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply