November 1, 2014

New promo for The Cleveland Show - VIDEO

by Jonathan Toomey, posted Jun 11th 2008 5:38PM

The Cleveland Show on FOX
Finally, a new teaser for the much anticipated Family Guy spin-off, The Cleveland Show. Actually, "anticipated" is probably a strong word since American Dad has already destroyed my faith in Seth MacFarlane's ability to produce another hit. Frankly, I don't see how The Cleveland Show could possibly be worse than American Dad.

"New" probably isn't the right word either since the following video looks like something that most likely aired during last month's upfronts. But hey - I hadn't seen it yet, so it's new to me. Complaining aside, I'm pumped for this show and the preview doesn't disappoint. The idea of Cleveland packing his bags and heading south to marry a woman he hasn't seen since high school is hilarious to me. Bears and British folks as neighbors? This could work. Video and full description from FOX after the jump.

"The Cleveland Show (Sundays, Spring '09 on FOX): Many years ago, Cleveland Brown (voiced by Mike Henry) was a high school student madly in love with a beautiful girl named Donna. Much to his dismay, his love went unrequited, and Donna wound up marrying another man. Cleveland once told Donna he would always love her, and if this man ever done her wrong, he'd be there when she called. Well, this man done her wrong. Donna's husband skipped town with another woman, leaving Donna with a daughter and a baby. Now she's come to Cleveland and offered him another chance at love. Unattached after the Loretta-Quagmire debacle and true to his word, Cleveland joyously accepts and he and Cleveland Jr. move to Stoolbend, VA, to join their new family. Once in Stoolbend, Cleveland has a few surprises in store for him, including a flirtatious new stepdaughter, a 5-year-old stepson who loves the ladies, as well as a collection of neighbors that includes a loudmouth redneck couple, a British family seemingly stuck in the Victorian era and a family of bears living at the end of the block. Family Guy was only the beginning. Get ready for The Cleveland Show!"

Rose

Watch Family Guy Episodes for free @ http://www.freetv123.com/index.php/family-guy/

July 04 2008 at 4:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sita

American DAD really sucks! its just a ripoff of FG! get a life AD fans

June 27 2008 at 6:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jen

Wow. I came on this board to show some love for American Dad and to say that I think it is better than Family Guy... but a lot of people beat me to the punch. I also look forward to AD more than FG these days. It took it a little while to find its stride, but now it is consistently great. Yay for the people on this board who agree!

June 12 2008 at 10:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MosquitoControl72

Arguing over American Dad vs. Post-Cancellation Family Guy (and, since they feel so dated, pre-cancellation Family Guy) is like arguing over having your left testicle lost in a combine accident or your right.

June 12 2008 at 10:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
corkdraw

I'm with all the ppl who say American Dad is great. Generally I'm not a fan of McFarlane's other stuff, I stopped thinking Family Guy was funny around 2002 when I graduated from high school. Sure, one of the FG gags or cutaways might be funny every once in a while, but for the most part FG never makes me laugh. American Dad OTOH is consistantly hilarious and the storylines and charactrs are 100x more interesting. Stan Smith is way funnier than any character that's ever been on FG, and I love that Patrick Stewart plays his boss.

I heard some troubling news that next season of American Dad is just gonna be leftover episodes from this past season and after they air them all the show is over. Is there any truth to this? I sure hope not.

June 12 2008 at 1:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tom

Right there with you all on the American Dad front. I find it a hysterical show and -- as much as I love Family Guy -- A.D. has on more than several occasions had me laughing more than the F.G. episode that preceeded it.

June 11 2008 at 11:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ian

Screw it, I'm saying it. American Dad is BETTER than Family Guy. Like, tons better. So much better that I sometimes forget Family Guy is on, while I highly anticipate an episode of American Dad. It's short attention span theater (Family Guy) vs. an actual plot throughout the episode (Amercan Dad), and I choose the latter.

Simpsons vs. Futurama, Family Guys vs. American Dad. The second show is everything the first did right, minus the flaws.

June 11 2008 at 11:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
james

Everyone beat me to my comments. I would not miss Family Guy as long as American DAD stayed on the air. I do not expect the Cleveland Show to last much longer than Capitol Critters.

June 11 2008 at 11:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to james's comment
Chrysee

OMG someone else remembers Capitol Critters

June 12 2008 at 8:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Franklin

I predict an episode of Family Guy where Peter, Quagmire and Joe audition for a new fourth best friend to replace Cleveland. Among the candidates who will try out:

1. Mayor West
2. Tom Tucker
3. James Woods
4. The Peg-Leg Pirate Guy
5. Brian
6. Herbert the Pervert
7. Peter's Father-In-Law
8. The Chicken
9. Mort
10. Death

June 11 2008 at 8:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DK

So did his son become fat to be a pseudo-Chris?

June 11 2008 at 7:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to DK's comment
StillBash

You mean the pseudo fat american...

June 11 2008 at 9:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Galley

Yeah, could that kid be any fatter? He fixin' to explode!

June 12 2008 at 9:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply