October 22, 2014

Spaced, the U.S. Tour

by Brad Trechak, posted Jun 11th 2008 9:07AM
SpacedTo promote the American DVD release of the BBC series Spaced on July 22nd, the creators and director will be doing a U.S. tour. Simon Pegg, Jessica Hynes (formerly Jessica Stevenson) and Edgar Wright will be stopping by the L.A. Film Festival to promote the event and future stops may include the San Diego Comic Con, Austin and New York.

The Region 1 DVD will include a brand new all-star commentary track that will include the creators and director as well as various guest stars including Kevin Smith, Matt Stone (co-creator of South Park) and Diablo Cody (writer of Juno).

There was an attempt by McG and Fox to create an American version of Spaced that didn't involved the original creators. Fortunately, that has been put to rest.

In short, if you're a Spaced fan and you live in the vicinity of Los Angeles, Austin or New York then you are a lucky, lucky person.

Ryan

I need more info! I live near Austin, when will they be in town?1

June 11 2008 at 9:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Paul

Pegg = legend
Wright = legend
Frost = legend

June 11 2008 at 1:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brad Trechak

Thanks, Andrew. I have corrected the text accordingly.

June 11 2008 at 11:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Andrew

"Jessica Hynes (now Jessica Stevenson)"

That should be the other way around.

June 11 2008 at 11:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Edd

Spaced is the only comedy I'd put on a par with Arrested Development - that's saying a hell of a lot!!

June 11 2008 at 10:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Edd's comment
Ryan

Have you seen Coupling? It's pretty damn hilarious. Of course I'm talking about the British version. The American version just sucked.

June 11 2008 at 11:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Edd

Yeah, Coupling's great. Written by Stephen Moffat (now of Doctor Who fame), and every time I see it I'm amazed by his wit, one-liners and storylines, plus it's got Kate Issett and the other two gorgeous girls in it. Very very good. Not in my Top 10 comedies but maybe it should be.

June 11 2008 at 2:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply