September 2, 2014

The Sound of Young America interviews everyone!

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 12th 2008 7:04PM

Jack McBrayerWhen you make a living online and a big part of your job is to spend the entire day surfing around a hundred web sites, you begin to think that you've seen everything there is to see on the web. At least the good stuff. But sometimes you come across a site that makes you smile and say to yourself, "this is great!"

That's what I thought when I found the Sound of Young America podcast.

Host Jesse Thorn interviews various actors and writers (and not just young ones!) about their life and career, and there are many TV personalities on the list: the creators of Aqua Teen Hunger Force, ex-Daily Show/Colbert Report executive producer Ben Karlin, Arrested Development's Michael Cera, MST3K's (and now Cinematic Titanic) Joel Hodgson, 30 Rock's Jack McBrayer, comic Patton Oswalt, This American Life's Ira Glass, and Tim and Eric. These aren't quick, uninteresting interviews, these are in-depth, real conversations that reveal a lot about these people you've probably never heard before.

Note: the podcasts don't seem to work for me in Internet Explorer. I'm not sure if that's an IE problem (they work fine in Firefox) or I just don't know what the hell I'm doing.

jeff stiefer

wow! Impressive list. If the interviewed TMBG, they are ok with me. Not to mention all the others on the list. jeez. looking forward from heaing from Ira Glass, Michael cera and Patton Oswalt, for sure.

June 13 2008 at 11:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Edd

David Mitchell from Peep Show? Day, you've just been made!!

And Michael Cera makes it a doubley good day.

June 13 2008 at 7:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DMD

Nice article Bob, you should also check out the
'Jordan, Jessie Go' Podcast...

June 13 2008 at 4:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jesse

Thanks for posting this! I'm Jesse *and* I read the blog.

Sorry about the player not working in IE. That's annoying... every show has a free download link, though, so you can always use that, or get the show in iTunes.

I'm also distributed on the radio by Public Radio International, so you can hear me on your local public radio station in a lot of places as well!

June 12 2008 at 9:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Derek

His recent interview with the creators of Reno 911! wa pretty funny

June 12 2008 at 8:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kellie

It's Jesse Thorn, not Jesse Thom.

June 12 2008 at 7:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply