December 19, 2014

Matthew Perry returning to TV

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 18th 2008 2:40PM

Matthew PerryMatthew Perry spent ten seasons on Friends and a rough season on Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, but it looks like he isn't sick of television.

Perry has signed to star in a new comedy titled The End of Steve. Perry will play a radio talk show host in Rochester, NY who likes to swear a lot. In fact, the first word you hear Perry's character say on the show is a certain word that women don't like to hear. It begins with a C and rhymes with something a baseball batter does, especially if there is a runner on first with no outs.

The show is from Peter Tolan (Rescue Me, The Larry Sanders Show, Home Improvement), and while there is no network announced for the show, I think we can assume it's going to be HBO or Showtime (unless it airs on FX or AMC and they bleep the swears, but that would blunt the edginess of the words).

[via Google News]

jason

Awesome.

July 29 2008 at 11:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jay

He's starring in a show called Csacrifice?

June 19 2008 at 8:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Edd

Altho I've moved way on from Friends, through great comedies like Arrested Development etc., Matt Perry as Chandler is, I'm sure, still on my Top 10 list of favourite TV characters, so more power to him if he can find good material and a good character.

June 18 2008 at 6:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Andrew

I'll watch this because Friends is my favorite show of all time, but I don't have high hopes for it.

June 18 2008 at 5:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Doug Nelson

"Peter Tolan, the show's producer, said they were hoping to air six episodes of the show"

Not setting his hopes too high.

June 18 2008 at 3:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply