July 28, 2014

Nicole Richie to guest star on Chuck

by Kristin Sample, posted Jun 25th 2008 7:30PM
Nicole RichieThis fall Special Agent Sarah Walker will get a blast from the past as she attends her ten-year high school reunion and comes face-to-face with her old nemesis. Nicole Richie will play a spiteful and sarcastic character who tortured the special agent for years. Sarah Walker has to go to the reunion for a mission; her date, of course, is Chuck.

Executive producer Josh Schwartz says Nicole Richie is actually quite funny: "Nicole auditioned for the part and was very funny. This role is a great opportunity for her to show off her comedic skills and be diabolically evil and kick some butt."

This is not Nicole Richie's first guest starring role. The Simple Life star has appeared on 8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter and American Dreams. Richie was recently featured on the cover of both People and Harper's Bazaar. She is launching a jewelry ling this fall called House of Harlow 1960.

I'm skeptical. I like Nicole Richie better than Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian. But I fear it will take more this for Richie to be elevated out of the "people who really shouldn't be famous" category. What do you think?

Chuck will air Mondays from 8 to 9 p.m. ET / PT on NBC this fall.

dan

I can't believe that a show barely into it's second season is already jumping the shark.

RIP: Chuck. We hardly knew ya.

June 26 2008 at 10:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brad

Ick....this news pains me greatly..... I hope the show can move past the mind-numbing hellishness of that guest appearance.

June 26 2008 at 5:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
deebopalula

I thought she was really natural and funny when she appeared on America's Next Top Model also. She likes to push buttons and instigate trouble and then we get to enjoy the results. Of course this is scripted tv, but I can see her pulling it off.

June 25 2008 at 11:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nola

Nicole was always funny. She was the only reason to watch the barely watchable Simple Life. All the funny bits were from her, because she has a clear dry wit and is very snarky. She's one that could be famous for something if she channeled it right.

June 25 2008 at 9:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gordon Werner

why do great shows like How I Met Your Mother and Chuck feel that they need to put these gutter skanks in episodes.

Why can't they leave them in the trash where they belong?

June 25 2008 at 9:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Gordon Werner's comment
GL

Ratings.

I think she may make it work anyway.

June 25 2008 at 10:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply