November 24, 2014

Tricia Helfer is Inseparable from our televisions

by Jason Hughes, posted Jun 25th 2008 5:42PM
Tricia HelferRemember when FOX signed that holding deal for Battlestar Galactica's Tricia Helfer? Well, now they're using it. The former model, best known as every fanboy's synthetic fantasy via her portrayal of sympathetic Cylon "Number 6" on Sci Fi's reimagined Battlestar Galactica, Tricia Helfer has been cast in FOX's Inseparable. As it turns out she won't be playing a hot figment of anyone's imagination, though that would be a good use for the title.

Instead, she's been cast as a psychiatrist who works for the police department. How that will relate to Lloyd Owen's split personality hero/villain lead hasn't been made clear, but I'm guessing she'll be his psychiatrist. Would she find it weird that all of her male patients would only want to talk about their sexual fantasies with her?

"Here let me show you what I'm talking about, doctor. Why don't you get down on your knees and face me ... What do you mean that wouldn't be professional? I want to know what these yearnings mean. And can you undo that top button."

Helfer has shown surprising acting range on BSG, so I expect she could really add some depth to the role. If Owen plays his role anything like James Nesbitt played a similar one in BBC One's brilliant Jekyll, then she'd definitely have her hands full. In fact, that whole show was put together in such a sinister manner, they should definitely be taking a look at it for a model of how to up the tension with a Jekyll-Hyde show. Inseperable is currently slated as a mid-season show for FOX, which means that it should be canceled by late February.

Gary

Is the show really misspelled as "Inseperable"? (Inseparable)

June 26 2008 at 9:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Picviewer

Gotta say she looks much better when she's in the Gina mode than the 6 platinum blonde one. Nothing wrong with letting the dark show in the hair as illustrated in the pic with this article.

June 26 2008 at 2:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Akbar Fazil

"The former model, best known as every fanboy's synthetic fantasy"

Please don't speak for every fanboy. While I don't find her ugly, she does nothing for me. From BSG give me Boomer or the President anyday.

June 25 2008 at 6:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
divineparasite

Hard to tell if this series would be classified as sci-fi or a reality based drama serieas ala "24" or "Prisonbreak", if its the former, then yes, we pray it lasts, but if its more the later, then it stands just that much more of a chance. Hey, its got Tricia Helfer, does setting, plot, or character is all secondary from there. hehe, I'm only (partly) joking of course.

June 25 2008 at 6:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Oreo

I like the fact that Sci-fi Channel didn't want her playing such an important role because she had no acting experience when she started and now she's doing wonderful with her acting.

June 25 2008 at 6:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply