September 30, 2014

Next Futurama DVD has a title - VIDEO

by Brad Trechak, posted Jun 30th 2008 12:38PM
FuturamaThe next Futurama direct-to-DVD movie has a title. According to an interview with Futurama producer David X. Cohen, the subtitle of the movie will be Bender's Game. It's a pun on the classic sci-fi novel Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card.

A preview of the video is on the latest release, The Beast With a Billion Backs, and involves the Planet Express crew caught in a Lord of the Rings-type alternate universe. It's the Futurama team's first foray into fantasy.

Cohen did state that the title has very little to do with the subject matter of the DVD. "We were all kind of shocked when we started talking about the idea, that we hadn't done it before, really," Cohen said. "It almost seems obvious that it's something our fans would like."

Bender's Game
is going to be released later this year. Having already enjoyed the first two direct-to-DVD releases since Futurama's resurrection, I am looking forward to this one.

Oreo

Like Joe said we knew the name of the movies for over a year.

However the preview is also and Mother is in it! Yay!

June 30 2008 at 9:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
StillBash

I didn't laugh once, just like during the second "movie".

To be honest I found everything they did extremely boring. I don't understand why you keep praising this. I'd rather watch the regular Season 1 to 3 DVDs I have yet another time than buy these new DVDs. They are horrible compared to the old material.

Hell I'd rather buy a Clone Wars DVD than this.

June 30 2008 at 6:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joe

The name has been confirmed since before the first movie came out, so old news, I guess. This movie just looks like putting Futurama characters in D&D, which has been done before, most recently in Scrubs' "season finale", 'My Princess'. Who am I kidding, people will watch it all anyway.

I'm still mad at them for using the first movie to retcon all of the best episodes of the series, i.e. Seymour's lonely life and Fry's nephew.

June 30 2008 at 3:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KamenRiderTakoyaki

Sweet! I'm looking forward to it. I really wanna see how the writers twisted the fantasy genre.

June 30 2008 at 3:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
superbagman

Oh, that trailer makes this look great, but after buying the last two and seeing them shipped in the WORST DVD cases ever, I'm not sure I want to plunk the change down on this one.

Seriously, the cardboard container (case isn't the right word for the flimsy thing) scratched my disc before I even got it opened...

June 30 2008 at 1:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply