July 25, 2014

Kevin McKidd Joining Grey's Anatomy?

by Jane Boursaw, posted Jul 4th 2008 12:23PM
Kevin McKidd on Grey's Anatomy?Like many people, I was miffed that Journeyman wasn't picked up for another season. But maybe we'll get our fix of Kevin McKidd at Seattle Grace next year.

Entertainment Weekly is reporting that the Scottish actor, who blew (some of) us away as the time-traveling journalist Dan Vasser on Journeyman, is in talks to join the cast of Grey's Anatomy. The rumor is that McKidd would play a doctor who scrubs in at the hospital after a stint in Iraq.

McKidd played soldier Lucius Vorenus in HBO's short-lived Rome. You can also catch him in the upcoming films, Bunraku and Dylan, in which he plays Wales poet Dylan Thomas.

Signing on for Grey's would accomplish a few things in my mind. It would give McKidd's fans a chance to see him every week. It would give Grey's Anatomy a much-needed shot in the arm of fresh talent. And it would give the show a ripped-from-the-headlines feel by injecting some world events into the mix. What do you think?

Kevin McKidd joining Grey's Anatomy is:
great! I can't wait!541 (83.9%)
a waste of good talent69 (10.7%)
eh, I couldn't care less one way or the other35 (5.4%)

Austin M

The thing I will mist most about Journeyman is the music from the title sequence. I would turn up the volume and rewind that sequence over and over on my DVR. Does anybody know that music? Is it from an album or was that track written for the show?

July 07 2008 at 11:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Austin M's comment
CJH

It was written for the show, it's called "Journeyman (Main Title Theme)" by Amanda Ghost & The Rural. It's available on iTunes.

August 09 2008 at 5:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
khia213

Love him. Hate that show. Back to my Rome dvds.

July 05 2008 at 7:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Will

Yeah, I can't stand Grey's so it does me no good. I guess our campaign of sending tacheyons to NBC to bring Journeyman back didn't work, eh?

July 05 2008 at 7:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ProgGrrl

Oh please, let this happen. He was too, too amazing in ROME. Sigh.

July 05 2008 at 12:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
trtlsoup2001

I loved Kevin McKidd in Journeyman, but I'd don't think I can stomach Grey's to watch him... darn shame.

July 05 2008 at 12:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to trtlsoup2001's comment
StillBash

I second that

July 05 2008 at 5:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
starky22

I was a fan of Journeyman and was sorry to see it go. Since I've stopped watching Grey's due to its mostly insufferable characters, it's a case of "too little, too late."

July 04 2008 at 6:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lilly

For me this is kind of like when Nathan Fillion joined Desperate Housewives. Yay that he is getting a mainstream job so more people will see him, but boo that it has to be on "that" show. However, it will make me more likely to turn in to a show that I had pretty much dropped.

July 04 2008 at 5:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joanna

Miffed is an understatement. I want Journeyman back!!!

July 04 2008 at 3:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John Stewart

Where is the "I want Journeyman back" option in your little poll? =P

I guess it's good if he joins. It's nice to see someone joining the cast of a show that isn't Heroes.

July 04 2008 at 2:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply