October 20, 2014

Ask Life on Mars Stars a Question for Outside the Box

by Kelly Woo, posted Jul 11th 2008 1:41PM
life on marsWondering what the deal is with new fall TV show Life on Mars? Now, you can ask two of its stars, Jason O'Mara and Michael Imperioli, yourself!

AOL TV's new video interview series, Outside the Box, takes questions submitted by fans and poses them to cast members of the hottest shows. We're already gathering questions for Scrubs, Private Practice and Dirty Sexy Money.

If you don't know much about the series, O'Mara plays a modern-day police detective who suddenly finds himself transported back in time to 1973. There's been a lot of buzz and gossip surrounding around this show, which is a remake of a popular British hit.

If you've got questions for O'Mara and Imperioli, submit them in the comments below by Tuesday, July 15. Be sure to include your first name and city/state. We'll take the best entries and ask some of them in the interview. Good luck!

Dusty Aries

Jason and Micheal,

Let me start by saying that I've been giving so much postive spin on LOMUS. {If you don't believe me, check "The Railway Arms=Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes" Blog} I'm pretty sorry to hear that Colm Measley won't be Gene Hunt for the rest of the show.

My questions to you is:

1. With the big pressure of LOMUK fans, what can you bring new to LOMUS that hasn't been done before?

2. Who is the new Gene Hunt?

Good luck guys and break a leg.

July 15 2008 at 11:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marcia Siedliski

Never missed a show of LOM on BBCAmerica. Great show, and hope that yours will be the same. Enjoy your acting, no matter what the role. Good luck. I surely will be watching!!

July 15 2008 at 8:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RT

Hi Jason:
In reading articles this past year and what I call " The Saga of Life on Mars" including getting this show off the ground with all of the highs and lows, challenges and changes to which I somehow equate to a "long difficult pregnancy" but alas, a "delivery date" upon the horizon.

How have you been coping with everything you've experienced this past year are you tearing your hair out or just been rolling with the punches?
Also will Colm Meaney reprise his role as Gene Hunt for the show going forward?

Thank you for taking our comments and questions.

-Roberta
Tucson, AZ

July 14 2008 at 2:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Monica

Jason -

It's my understanding that Sam Tyler was in every single scene in the original Life on Mars. Is the American version also going to do this, and if so, how do you cope with such an intense role?

- Monica
Madison, WI

July 14 2008 at 2:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shellen

Shellen, Seattle / WA

Hi Jason

Given the cast changes and relocation, it would seem that the entire pilot has to be reshot, not just portions of it?

Also, was it required that the cast watch some or all of the original (BBC) 16 episodes?

Best of luck and your fans look forward to seeing you on TV weekly again!

July 13 2008 at 12:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tara

Being a huge fan of Jason O'Mara's work, I can't wait to see him this Fall on LoM. I would like to ask Jason what most excites him about this new character and show. Also, what is most challenging regarding filming in 1973? - My guess, would be the wardrobe :o) And, if you could be transported back in time (just for a visit - not to stay) what time would you choose?

Jason, best of wishes to you and your family ... Looking forward to the new show!
Tara

July 13 2008 at 11:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dawn

Dawn from Bayonne, NJ.

Jason how excited are you about the new version being filmed and the fact that it's moving to New York? Also is there any chance Paige will make a guest appearance? You both have a lot of fans out there that would love to see the two of you in something together. Thanks.

July 11 2008 at 10:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jon

My only question is why does this have to be remade? I'm not trying to be snarky here, but the John Simms version was extremely well done. What is it about this remake that's worth it for US audiences? It's already set in 1973, so it's not as if it could be modernized.

July 11 2008 at 4:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply