August 29, 2014

Tony Snow dead at 53

by Bob Sassone, posted Jul 12th 2008 1:55PM

Tony SnowEven though everyone knew he had been battling cancer for quite some time, this is still very sad news.

Tony Snow, the newsman who became White House press secretary and then returned to the world of journalism, died early this morning. He had been diagnosed with colon cancer years ago and had beaten it the first time, but then it came back and he had been undergoing chemotherapy treatments at the time of his death.

Snow joined FOX News Channel in 1996 and hosted FOX News Sunday and was a political analyst for the network. He also hosted his own radio show and used to fill in for Rush Limbaugh on the radio (and later Bill O'Reilly). Snow replaced Scott McClellan as press secretary at the White House in 2006 and left the position in September 2007, saying he wasn't leaving because of his health but because of financial concerns. He became a political analyst for CNN earlier this year.

Snow had a wife and three kids.

Nathaniel

As someone who was lucky enough to meet him, I can say from experience that this nation has truly lost a great man.

July 13 2008 at 2:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adrienne

As a conservative, I have nothing but the utmost respect for Mr. Snow, and my prayers go out to his wife and children at this most difficult of times.

July 13 2008 at 9:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1iPete

As a liberal, I mainly disagreed with his opinions or party talking points but I always respected his comportment, poise and sense of humor in how he did what he was paid to do.

He will be missed.

July 12 2008 at 7:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ChrisG

I couldn't stand him and what he represented, but, having lost a family member myself to the same terrible disease, I had hoped for him to beat his illness. I'm sorry to hear that he didn't, and I send my deepest condolences to his family and friends.

July 12 2008 at 3:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bsgfan2003

What a gentleman. My prayers go out to his family.

July 12 2008 at 2:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply