July 28, 2014

Super Skank Wednesday: Brooke Knows Best & I Love Money - VIDEOS

by Kristin Sample, posted Jul 16th 2008 9:16AM
Welcome to Super Skank Wednesday. This is where I celebrate the awesomely skanky people on the following shows: I Love Money, Charm School, New York Goes to Hollywood, and The Surreal Life. Basically, I'll discuss the skankalicious shows that make VH1 the network it is today.

After the jump, I've got some of my favorite I Love Money moments from this weekend and my first impressions of Brooke Knows Best. And I have a special video.

It's kind of a short one this week. I Love Money didn't give me much to work with. I don't want to do another "dos and don'ts" list. There's not enough material yet. I think it's because there are so many cast members right now.

But I will list my favorite moments from Sunday's show. Before that, I have a confession to make. I actually clap during certain parts of I Love Money. I clap when Mr. Boston says something funny or when WhiteBoy and Chance jump on the counter.

Best Moments from Sunday:

• Chance calling Nibblz a "predator wilderbeast."
  • Mr. Boston beating Nibblz and winning the contest for his team. Go Boston!
  • Boston getting a massage and telling the girls he had wood. Check out the video below. 12 Pack brings out honey and the girls put it all over him. Then they rub mud on him. Boston says that he thought it was kinky and tried to give Meghan a "thank-you" hug after.
  • Toastee faking an ankle sprain was a stupid moment. Destiney taking the bait was great. But even better was Hoopz and Chance questioning Toastee when she got back. Hoopz asked which way the ankle turned and Chance said that he's seen the girls jump hurdles in high heels. He didn't understand why she had a problem dancing. That Chance--he's a smart one he is.
  • Do you have a favorite moment? Are you liking I Love Money so far?
  • You can register for an I Love Money fantasy team. My sister and I did "Fantasy Rock of Love" this past season. We awarded points for dates with Bret, various sexual advances, drunk hijinx and getting other skanks eliminated. She won. She had both Daisy and Ambre. Who knew just from the pictures that Ambre would win? I had Angelique and Megan on my team. But, anyway go sign up and pick your team. I'm "superskankwednesday." No big surprise on the name. I picked Heather, Rodeo, and Hoopz. Good picks, right?

Brooke HoganNow let's talk about Brooke Knows Best. Indulge me for a minute. At first I hated it. It was a little scripted -- the UHaul, the Cribs-esque apartment tour, the staged discussion of Hulk and Linda's failed marriage. There's nothing I hate more than heavily scripted reality shows. I can't stand those douchebags on The Hills.

But then the show got kind of good. My favorite part, other than Hulk's asking Glen how gay he was on a scale of one to ten, was when the Hulk paid for Brooke's two carts of groceries and housewares at Target. That was actually cute when she turned to her dad and whined, "Now I have to pay for all this."

And I leave you with this video. It's Brooke Hogan performing with a bunch of skanks on some makeshift stage presumably here in LA (where such a performance would draw a crowd). Think PussyCat Dolls, except worse. I don't know how you can get any worse than the PussyCat Dolls. And I think Bob Fosse rolls over in his grave every time some gaggle of ho-bags performs "Big Spender." It's fun watching Brooke try to walk in heels though.

Happy Super Skank Wednesday, people!

Ann

Horrible video. I really couldn't stand watching it.

That episode you are referring to though with dad paying for the groceries and housewares was indeed funny.

Glen was put on the spot and he sure hemmed and hawed about his answer for a long time.

August 12 2008 at 2:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bx Burlesque

I picked Heather, Whiteboy and Mr Boston for now.

July 17 2008 at 11:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Bx Burlesque's comment
Kristin Sample

Good picks. I was tempted to pick WhiteBoy myself. However, I think his alliance with Real and Chance may bring about his downfall.

July 20 2008 at 2:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Netra

I'm not sure what is so funny about Chance calling Nibblez a predator/wildebeest. I didn't find that funny at all. Chance chicken legs self should not be talking about how ANYBODY looks until he deals with his OWN issues. HMPH!

July 17 2008 at 10:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Netra's comment
Kristin Sample

I think the fact that Chance looks the way he does is part of why his name-calling is so funny. I just think his descriptions of people are pretty hilarious.

July 20 2008 at 2:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adam

Boston is emerging as a star on ILM. My fav Boston moment is when he was bragging to Megan about how he beat Nibblz. I guess he forgot that she was standing below him and saw the whole thing! I'm also glad that Craig Jackson is hosting this and leaving car shows to professionals. I commend him for having one of the few car shows on in HD, but Test Drive was abysmal. I think he found his calling on VH1.

As for Pumpkin and Toastee, I don't believe either was faking. Pumpkin might have done one good thing in her life by addressing eating disorders and their impact on TV, but she had to throw in the caveat that she was lying. Truly Sad. However, due to Toastee's former profession she may well versed in fake screaming. Zing. Wow that was horrible but true.

July 16 2008 at 1:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Adam's comment
Kristin Sample

Zing is right!

Pumkin is disgusting. I'm not so sure though that she had a eating disorder. I think she was just skinnier on her last show. She might be someone who's been fairly thin her whole life so she never worked out / watched her diet. Then she hit her mid-20s and all that alcohol is catching up with her.

July 20 2008 at 2:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris

The whole face off with Nibblz and Mr. Boston was hilarious. She tried to stare him down with intimidation and failed miserably. What were the team captains thinking?

The gold team's nomination process was a hoot.

July 16 2008 at 1:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Chris's comment
Kristin Sample

Yeah, I think Rodeo over-thought the whole thing. I loved her face when Nibblz lost.

July 20 2008 at 2:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply