September 15, 2014

CSI: Miami casts a new coroner

by Kona Gallagher, posted Jul 22nd 2008 9:42AM
Megalyn EchikunwokeProducers of CSI: Miami have found a new coroner. Starting this season, The 4400's Megalyn Echikunwoke will fill the role vacated by Khandi Alexander. Alexander parted ways with the series after six years due to her alleged unhappiness with the show *cough* David Caruso *cough.*

There isn't much known about Echikunwoke's character, other than she'll be the new coroner. For instance, her affinity for the phrase "aw sugar" and her feelings on whether or not the victims on the table "left this world too soon" are, at this point, a mystery.

I can't say whether or not Echikunwoke's casting is an upgrade or a downgrade for CSI, as I haven't seen her on The 4400, and only vaguely remember her as David Palmer's daughter on the first season of 24. I don't hold high hopes though, considering how CSI: Miami managed to take Alexander, who was fantastic on News Radio and The Corner, and render her all but unwatchable. Seriously. I appreciate a character on a crime show who takes it personally and all, but watching her and the 20 lbs. of makeup they made her wear gently combing the hair of a dead teenage runaway or whatever while silently crying was just cringe-worthy.

What are your feelings on the casting news? Do you even watch CSI: Miami, or like me, are you repelled by David Caruso and his sunglasses?

Hannah

All that "compassion" talk doesn´t change the fact that David Caruso is a lousy actor.

July 23 2008 at 7:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sherrie

I've didn't start watching CSI Miami until the third season and I like David's performance.
I'm old enough and smart enough to know 99% of TV is make believe.
I think (A) Herato is a caring man yet has a the "The don't piss me off" attitude that most of the Cop's I've known have, (not TV Cop's). And the Shades are a prop to show the differance.
As for Alexander, showing compassion for a young person dying or being mudered, or even a criminal is a good thing because ,maybe , young people watching will learn some campassion. To many kids are growing up watching movies and playing games that promote violence they need to the other side, the compassion, the waste of it all.
The next thing I can say is if you don't like the show for any reason use your remote

July 23 2008 at 5:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hannah

Emma.... aka sarakanne, you are so easy to spot. No brainer thee. Looks like David Caruso mobbed Khandi Alexander after all. Ugly loser!

July 23 2008 at 1:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Emma

Kona,
You can be repelled all you want at David Caruso, but you have no right to imply that he had anything to do with Khandi leaving the show. Who is your source? Where did you get this information? Or did you read it on some Austrian stalker blog.

I like CSI: Miami. I will continue to watch. No matter what some 2-bit jouralist says nor what some Austrian internet stalker has to say.

Obviously, Kona, that is where you're getting your information, from trashy sites like Vixen's. Since Vixen is the only one hung up on the idea that Khandi's leaving the show was David's 'fault.' No one else believes it.
Vixen lies on all her sites.
Find other sources. Or go work for the National Equirer.

And "Karen,"
You are so easy to spot, Vixen!
It's a no brainer every time.

July 23 2008 at 10:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Boris

Now I have a reason to watch Miami again

July 22 2008 at 8:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ben

Gee, I didn't know about all the Caruso hate that's out there. I love 'H'. Well, in a you-know-what-he's-going-to-do-or-say-in-every-episode kind of way. It's almost comforting.

July 22 2008 at 8:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rene

Megalyn is a really good actress I am certain she will add something to the show. Congrats to her on getting the job.

July 22 2008 at 6:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sam

Watching any news show has a direct correlation to onset dementia.
I'd rather watch a dramedy like CSI Miami anytime. Caruso's Horatio Caine is perfect for the show; all the characters are unreal. That's the intent. Casting a 12 year old (she looks) as a mature, experienced medical examiner goes beyond ridiculous, even for that show.

July 22 2008 at 3:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to sam's comment
Hannah

Well, I always knew that Caruso may have had a hand on Khandis leaving the show. That guys reputation is just that bad.
Besides, he is the worst actor I have seen in a very long time. They chose someone who won´t be able to upstage Caruso. But then an ape could upstage Caruso...

July 22 2008 at 6:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kevjohn

Yes, because all coroners look like that.

Or we can go with my David Caruso CSI: Miami opening: Well, I guess the dead will have something pretty to look at....

YEAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

July 22 2008 at 2:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ac

Funny story I was visiting my mom and put on The Middleman because I liked the show. I go to the bathroom during a commercial and when I came out my mom had switched to CSI:Miami saying she only likes "real TV shows." After saying that I'm think she may need to go into a home, despite being 55 and still working but if you call the Caruso power hour better than she must have dementia.

July 22 2008 at 1:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to ac's comment
StillBash

Ok I hate CSI:Miami but The Middleman is a braindead Sci-Fi show to your mom so get over it.

July 22 2008 at 6:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply