November 27, 2014

HBO releases True Blood poster (time to stock up on strawberry jam)

by Jane Boursaw, posted Jul 22nd 2008 8:03AM
true blood posterEwww! This poster is so creepy, it makes me want to hurl! And watch this show! Of course, the fact that Alan Ball is behind it -- the man who helmed one of my favorite shows ever, Six Feet Under -- has nothing to do with it. Nope, it doesn't. Okay, I'm lying. It has everything to do with it.

HBO's True Blood, starring Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer, is set to premiere on Sept. 7 at 9 p.m. Here's the newly released poster for it. Makes you want to dig into a jar of strawberry jam, doesn't it?

Based on Charlaine Harris' Southern Vampire novel series, the show follows the world of vampires set in small-town Louisiana. They're able to co-exist with humans by drinking a Japanese-manufactured synthetic blood. (Well, what fun is that?!)

We'll learn more about the show later this week at Comic-Con 2008, where a panel is scheduled. Also, check out the official web site.

And what is up with all the vampires lately? We've still got loyal fans mourning the loss of Moonlight, and on the big screen, vampire devotees everywhere await the release of Twilight, based on the books by Stephenie Meyer, on Dec. 12, 2008.

Are vampires the new wizards? Or are we just a blood-crazed society at the moment?

Ramey

I agree this is the year of the vampire--and I still miss moonlight!

July 22 2008 at 3:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ramey

I agree this is the year of the vampire--and I still miss moonlight!

July 22 2008 at 3:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ac

Wait, were those stupid ads with the guys drinking in the woods giving a vampire a nice cold refresing bottle of blood(?!) for this show? I was wondering what the hell the point was for those ads.

July 22 2008 at 1:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
divineparasite

I've been following the production of this series ever since I heard about it a year ago. Its sure been slow in coming. I want a trailer already. The poster is just a wee bit generic.

July 22 2008 at 1:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to divineparasite's comment
1iPete

It originally went into production last year but the strike derailed it. If you search around you can find the leaked screener of the pilot.

July 22 2008 at 2:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
eric f

Makes you want to hurl? the poster is pretty nice, actually.

July 22 2008 at 10:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
laura

I am a huge fan of the books, they are a riot , but they are also a great addition to the vampire genre, different twist on the same bloodsuckers. Hopefully they will have the other creatures, like the weres too, and fairies, and demons, and ........there are just so many!

July 22 2008 at 8:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to laura's comment
jrothemkow

Who is that in the poster? Is it Pam? Because Sookie isn't a vampire. I hope the show is based on Sookie, not the the vamps of Fantasgia. How exciting!

July 22 2008 at 11:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply