October 24, 2014

Who will die in ER's final season?

by Bob Sassone, posted Jul 23rd 2008 3:38PM

ER

This originally was going to be yet another post on how George Clooney might come back to ER one last time in the final season of the show (executive producer John Wells says he hasn't asked him yet). But we've been back and forth on that so many times that we really don't know what's going to happen. However, TV critic Terry Morrow did ask Wells if any characters on the show would be killed off in the show's last season, and Wells says that yes, at least one person on ER will die before the show ends. He didn't, however, say whether it's a current cast member or if it's someone new that will be introduced this season.

So assuming that it's a character we already know, who do you think it should be? After the jump, a poll. Should a helicopter fall on Morris? How about Neela getting shot by a patient? Maybe an explosion in the emergency room can kill everyone except Frank? Are they bringing Noah Wyle back just to kill him with a Sno-Cone machine?

Who should die on ER?
Abby222 (15.5%)
Neela103 (7.2%)
Pratt355 (24.8%)
Sam151 (10.6%)
Archie126 (8.8%)
Dr. Anspaugh241 (16.9%)
Frank66 (4.6%)
Someone else (say in comments)165 (11.5%)

Meredyth Busick

I don't think any of the cast members should die.
By the way whatever happened to Kellie Martin's Character Lucy Knight.
She was interesting.
I like Nurse Doree.

September 25 2008 at 1:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Heather

I don't necessarily think he should die, but I think that Pratt will be the one to go. I don't think Mekhi Pfiefer signed on for the final season, so it makes since that he would be the one to die in the explosion from last season's finale. Since I heard Shane West is coming back, I think it would be an interesting twist if it was revealed that somehow Neela's husband Gallant wasn't really dead after all. It would make for an interesting love triangle plot. Whatever happens this season, I'm just glad Carter's coming back at some point. I'm hoping he'll be featured in the season finale. The ending of the show needs to have something to do with him.

September 01 2008 at 10:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dozieo

I dont know what everyone is talking bout. this show continues to amaze me. I actually thought ER has continued to be great despite the depatures of the many great characters we have come to love. I most say of all the characters i think i do miss DR CARTER. My best episodes are still the once where he goes to africa. It did something i think you dont see anymore, it brought awareness. er has become a little funnier and interesting especially with the addition of morris a couple of years back. i mean i dont think there has ever been a character like him that just makes you laugh. truth be told, i love seeing Neela do her thing. she reminds me more of carter except the accent just is cooler and she seems to know her stuff. all in all, ppl who say er is not as good as before are totally wrong. this show continues to evolve with the time. I m actually sad that it is end

August 20 2008 at 7:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
T

I must admit that I've been watching and enjoying ER since the beginning... I even catch the daytime runs! Becky, you have a good idea for a strong finish...let us know where they are now!
I'll be sad to see it end!

August 17 2008 at 8:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jane Brown

I agree that it should end a la Six Feet Under...show former major castmembers (Doug and Carol, Dr. Corday, Dr. Carter, Dr. Benton, et al) who have gone on to other 'lives' and show them at that point. That would be a fitting ending to the great longrunning series that ER is (well, has been in the past). Ending SFU the way it did gave us all closure...ready for the next great series. ER should do the same for all of its fans.

July 31 2008 at 10:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
drew

how do you know Wells wasn't referring to someone dying in the seson finale's explosion? even if some one didn't die in the season finale, they could very likely just die in the next episode (the first episode of the last season).

July 24 2008 at 12:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Caro C.

Dr. Anspaugh and no one is kind of the same so I don't think he's the one who is going to be killed off...

Maybe Pratt or Sam or Abby because of the ambulance explosion...

July 24 2008 at 10:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Becky

Wow, I haven't missed more than 5 shows over the entire run of ER and still love it.
I was so afraid that it would crash after Mark Greene died but it has continued to keep me highly entertained.

I was more than a bit bummed, when, after waiting soooo long for Abby & Luka to finally marry, Abby went off the deep end and Luka went home to Croatia.

My dream ending would be the final few episodes showing us how the many characters that have come and gone over the years are fairing since they left County
General.

Are Doug & Carol still together? Are Peter & his son thriving? Susan? Elizabeth? What happened to Kerry after her move?

I really would not like to see more "character deaths" just tell me how my favorite Doctors and Nurses are doing and end it with another ambulance pulling up.

July 24 2008 at 9:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1iPete

I think they should celebrate the final season of this enduring series by having a multi-episode arc where past cast members come back.... as zombies ala 28 days later and slowly devour the current cast.

July 24 2008 at 12:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
WhizGidget

Blow up the hospital, mass casualties, something like that - after all, there are explosions in the ER every other year already.

It's that or they end the show the same way St Elsewhere did - it's all in a snowglobe of Chicago and the mind of an autistic child....

July 23 2008 at 8:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply