Chuck - VIDEO - Comic-Con Report
by Keith McDuffee, posted Jul 28th 2008 11:30PM
There are only so many hours of television I can fit in a day, so I'm picky and particular about what I watch. Chuck is one of those shows that I watched early last season, I liked it, but for reasons I can't think of, it didn't make the cut. Seeing as it was good enough and is clearly popular enough to have a second season, with the first season DVDs out in a couple of months, I may have to do some catching up and find a way to fit it in.
This session was great for fans of the show, as the first five minutes or so were filled with a video montage of scenes from next season. I'll describe some of those scenes in my summary below, but I'll start them off with SPOILER in case you don't want to know.
Gallery: Chuck - Comic-Con 2008
This was another panel moderated by Kristin dos Santos of E!. Those on the panel included Josh Schwartz and Chris Fedak, with stars Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strahovski, Joshua gomez, Sarah Lancaster, Ryan McPartlin and Adam Baldwin.
Among the highlights from the season two footage (SPOILERS!):
- John Larroquette will be in, I believe, several episodes.
- Tony Hale of Arrested Development will be a new boss for the guys at the Buy More.
- Melinda Clarke will be on the show.
- There are at least two occasions where Chuck and Sarah kiss.
- One scene shows Chuck being dropped from a building with apparently no way of being saved, Sarah and John looking on in shock.
- There's a scene with a "Wheel of Misfortune" (Howard Stern reference?) and a cage match between to characters in the back room of the Buy More.
- Nicole Richie gets in a shower fight with Yvonne's character.
And for some non-spoilery stuff:
- Next season will get more into the mythology of Chuck and why he was given the information he has and more of the story behind it.
- There will be a "same sex kiss" next season, but it wasn't clear if they meant female or male (though the way they joked and reacted, it may be male).
- Schwartz said the season finale is "insane."
- We will meet "the Awesomes" next season.
- Jill and Grace will be back next season.
- Tally another for a possible 'Outsourcing Award' nominee with Australian Strahovski. Levi was asked to impersonate an Australian, but he instead said he'd impersonate Yvonne. He said whenever there's a vowel in a word, just say every vowel. So instead of "no" it's "naeiou."
- Will anyone find out Chuck and Sarah are spies? "Probably not."
- Mark Christopher Lawrence (Big Mik) was in the audience, about two rows in front of me. An attendee asked if he'd be getting a love interest, so Schwartz said, "what do you think Big Mike?" He responded with yelling, "OK!"
- Will Chuck go back and get his college degree? That will be addressed by episode five of next season, though they reiterated "addressed."
- The show returns September 29.