October 25, 2014

The Mole: Episode 9

by Bob Sassone, posted Jul 29th 2008 12:27AM
Craig(S05E09) "I've been wanting to shoot somebody ever since I got here." - Nicole

So here we are down to four players: Nicole, Paul, Craig, and Mark. These are the four players that a lot of us have been thinking could be The Mole. That means we're great at guessing this game but it also makes it harder to figure out at this point since any of them could be the guilty party.

It could also mean there's just no way to figure out who the hell the mole is so we might as well just sit back and enjoy the show. But I can't leave it alone...So let me get this straight: Nicole is not only a doctor, not only a gynecologist, but she's also an arthroscopic surgeon? That's one detail I must have overlooked in previous weeks. If she turns out to be the mole, we'll probably all look back at the season and say "it was so obvious" and "they didn't really hide it that well, looking back." I actually hope she isn't the mole.

We did learn one other thing tonight, though I'm not sure if it all works out logically: Mark probably isn't the mole. I stress the word "probably." He gets out of the cell first and gets to be the shooter in the paintball game. He actually ends up shooting two of the other three players, and one of them has the hidden exemption, which means Mark gets the exemption. If he was the mole would he have solved the word puzzle so quickly and then been such a good shot that he hits two players and gets an exemption? I don't know, seems like he's actually playing the game tonight as a real player and not the mole. Though it was funny that Craig couldn't hear Mark leave his cell. But then again, did anyone notice an "NI" or an "N1" on the video camera the players used in the challenge? Could that be a reference to Nicole?

So Paul is executed tonight, and he had a feeling he was going to go. Which means my earlier observation is true: he wasn't acting like a jerk, he might actually be one.

As I said, it's interesting that we're down to Mark, Craig, and Nicole, three people a lot of us have been thinking could be the mole throughout the season. Since I'm ruling out Mark, it's either Craig or Nicole. I'm going to go with Nicole just because I think there have been too many odd things that have happened to her in too many situations. Of course, one thing that makes me hesitate saying that: at one point tonight, Paul says he doesn't think _____ is the mole. I can't remember which person he was talking about. But if someone out there can remember who he said (I think it was either Nicole or Mark), then we can find out what player he thought was the mole as he answered the questions in the quiz. Since he was eliminated, we might be able to narrow down our choice.

Who is the Mole? (explain choice in comments)
Nicole180 (30.3%)
Craig295 (49.6%)
Mark120 (20.2%)

jay pee jay

its NICOLE!!! NICOLE THE MOLE its so obvious guys. craig was voting for her and the night he was executed he up and went for craig. then another thing clay from the week before formed an alliance with nicole and he stopped thinking nicole was the mole and voted someone else and he was executed. people its plain as day lol and look back at every game she has sabotaged. almost every game and she has come up with wrong answers in almost every game. one last thing when her mom was there she said she was going to throw the game and go home because of the stress but ended up not leaving come on.

August 05 2008 at 9:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Skywalker55

I think it is mark. Here are my reasons why...
Number 1, it is said that the mole is told about some of the challenges before they take place, i.e., getting the puzzle done first and correctly to make sure that he has the gun.
Number 2, if this is all true, and he knew which cell held the exemption, then he would know who to shoot while having the gun.
Number 3, freaking out so much that his journal got burned.

I thought at first it was Craig, and the more I think about it, if he isn't the mole, then he really is THAT stupid in real life.

For some reason I would like to see Nicole as the mole, just to bite some people in the butt that have been kicked off...

August 04 2008 at 4:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Zach

I am impressed with the intelligence coming from Mole fans. Every post here shows strong logical reasoning. Using reasoning, we can eliminate one contestant from Mole suspicion. Jon asked each player, "Are you the Mole?" Mark answered, "I am not the Mole." Nicole answered, "I am not the Mole." Craig answered, "Mark is the Mole." Jon followed by saying, "One of you is lying." If Mark is the liar, then Mark is the Mole. If Nicole is the liar, then Craig is also lying, making this scenario incorrect according to Jon. If Craig is the liar, then Craig is the Mole. The two possible scenarios show that either Mark or Craig is the Mole. Nicole, therefore, is not the Mole.

July 30 2008 at 3:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
brenth

One of the reasons I liked this show is because we don't really know who has been playing the best game. What if Nicole has been getting 10 out of 10 on each quiz. Then I'd propose that she played the best game. I like that you don't have to be the most popular or the biggest provider to the group to stay, or not get voted off, you just have to be the most observant.

I would agree that Mark has put the most into the pot, and tried the hardest, along with Paul, but that's only 1 part of the game.

I can't wait for next week, to find out who tied on the quizzes in the past, how everyone did each week, when everyone actually knew who the mole was etc.

Oh and my guess (this week) is Craig's the Mole. Long Live The Mole!

July 29 2008 at 5:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to brenth's comment
mb

Actually, next week will be the final challenges and then the final quiz. The following week should be the "Reunion" show where they bring back the executed (and bribed) players and they reveal who won and the identity of the Mole (if it's done like previous seasons). So in less than two weeks, we'll find out who the Mole is.

On a sidenote, I've begun to watch the Mole UK on YouTube and there's a Mole Australia that seems interesting as well (if only I could interpret those thick Aussie accents).

Also, I just wanted to mention that I'm glad to see that other posters here are just as passionate as I am regarding this series. This show is really the only reality TV show that I ever liked. I really hope they bring it back for another season.

July 30 2008 at 1:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alex D

I have said from the beginning that Mark is the Mole and I am sticking with that. Craig has recently become my second choice. Which ever one is the Mole, I think the other will win.

July 29 2008 at 1:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Liz

I am pretty sure Mark isn't the Mole because he tries really hard and, unlike the other two, actually works to bring money into the pot. I hope he wins because he has played a good game.

Craig was my #1 pick for a while, but now I have doubts because Paul said he voted for Craig, and would the producers make such a big deal about it if Craig was the Mole? I don't know. But his behavior has been perfect for the Mole. He sabotages, but does it subtly, so the blame is often on his partner (usually Nicole).

I hope Nicole looses cause she is obnoxious. If she is the Mole, I will be upset. She is just so obvious when she sabotages everything... and I can't believe the Mole would threaten to kill someone.

So my pick is: Craig-Mole, Mark-Winner, Nicole-Loser
Or at least, that is how I hope it plays out!

July 29 2008 at 1:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Erin

I've thought Craig was the Mole since the first episode, so I've been watching him pretty closely. He seems to take a backseat most of the time, but has definitely been responsible for keeping money out of the pot.

I really hope the Mole is NOT Nicole. If she is, I think I will feel like I wasted my time watching the show. If the producers were going for that "She's too obvious to be the Mole so no one will suspect her" thing, I'm going to be disappointed.

So my vote is...

Loser: Nicole
Mole: Craig
Winner: Mark

Mark has been a great player since day 1, so I think he deserves it.

July 29 2008 at 11:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Erin's comment
Liz

Great minds think alike. I will also feel cheated if Nicole is the Mole. This season was already not the best, but that will really kill it for me.

July 29 2008 at 1:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Evan

I think it's Craig, because Mark has been the game's hardest worker for the duration of the game, and Nicole has been way too open about not being the mole. Just because Paul was targeting Craig and was excecuted doesn't mean that Craig isn't the mole. Paul could have just gotten some of the "from Jon's perspective", etc. questions wrong.

July 29 2008 at 9:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Misty

"Nicole is not only a doctor, not only a gynecologist, but she's also an arthroscopic surgeon?"

Laparoscopic surgeon. Little fiber optic camera that allows for surgery without huge incisions.

July 29 2008 at 8:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Misty's comment
ORKMommy

I thought she said laparoscopic too. Gynecologists do that surgery to "tie" tubes all the time! My sister-in-law just had it done a few years ago.

I still think it's Nicole. Only because she's so obviously trying to screw everyone up so that they won't suspect her. If she is the mole, she's either the best or worst actress in the world.

As soon as I saw that game I knew Mark would win it. It was tailor made for him. Maybe he is the mole...

July 29 2008 at 9:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Christopher Buczkowski

personally, I think the Mole has to be Nicole. here's why:

last weeks episode: Clay told Mark he was targeting Nicole as the Mole, but then he told Nicole he was targeting someone else (Craig, I think). in their next challenge they were asked who they trust most in the game, and Clay chose Nicole, which leads me to believe that he lied to Mark, and not Nicole. so he votes towards Craig, and gets eliminated.

this week's episode: as someone already mentioned, Paul most likely chose to target Craig as the Mole, and he also went home, so this makes me think that Craig is not the Mole. then you have Mark, who a lot of people think could be the Mole, but I personally don't think it could possibly be him, simply because I can't think of a single moment during this season where he's done anything but try his hardest to WIN challenges. I suppose the argument could be made that he was just letting people cast suspicion on themselves to throw people off, so he wouldn't have to do any of the dirty work himself, but that doesn't seem to be the point of the Mole in the game, so I think that's not very likely.

and of course there's Nicole. she's done everything in her power to cast so much suspicion on herself that no one seems to think she could ACTUALLY be the Mole.

I've thought from the second or third episode that Nicole is the Mole, but strangely it wasn't her actions in the challenges that first tipped me off. it was something she said in one of the confessionals. I don't recall the exact words she used, but I think it was something along the lines of "I'll be here until the end" or something like that. sure it could just be bravado, but at that point she only had a 1/11 or 1/10 shot, and now she's made it to the final three.

coincidence? possible. but I think Nicole is the Mole...

July 29 2008 at 7:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply