July 23, 2014

Sesame Street is going to be awesome - VIDEO

by Annie Wu, posted Jul 31st 2008 9:37AM
Will Arnett on Sesame StreetThe new season of Sesame Street is right around the corner and, while I normally wouldn't give it a second thought, I am unusually excited right now. No, this isn't a snarky rant about how I've been driven to children's TV because of the sorry state of grown-up programming. Sesame Street's 39th season, starting August 11th, looks like it has a lot of fun lined up not only for the pre-schoolers but parents as well. I already posted Feist's upcoming special take on "1 2 3 4", but I had no idea how many amazing guest appearances were coming. Just check out this star-filled highlight reel after the jump.

Didn't that just blow your mind? It makes me a little jealous that little kids get celebs like this to do fun stuff on their shows, but the closest thing adults have is Saturday Night Live. And SNL never taught me to count.

I'm really impressed with the talent that will be appearing. The very sight of Will Arnett in a magician's costume was enough make me joyfully throw my hands in the air. I was going to make a super-corny joke about him doing a "final countdown" in that clip, but I will spare you. As for the "30 Rocks" clip, I don't think it really featured Tina Fey's voice as a sassy, bespectacled lemon, but she was already on the show as a pirate-y bookaneer, so I'm sure she's had her fill. It looks like everyone from Heidi Klum to David freakin' Beckham to Kim Cattrall (yeah, I don't know either) will be doing their part to teach the kids at home.

The clip itself was pretty informative, actually: We learned that Jessica Alba can't go anywhere without getting hit on, even on Sesame Street.

[via Videogum]

MrR0ng

Was it just me, or did anyone else hear Jenny McCarthy say "incest", then dance around with short arms.

As a product of incest, I do not think it should be made fun of, and should definitely not be the word on the street.

Stop staring at me, my arms may be T-rex like, but I know Kung Fu.

July 31 2008 at 4:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to MrR0ng's comment
LoganT

It's just you. She said "insect" not "incest".

July 31 2008 at 6:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lam

More celebrities = more parents watching with their kids. Along with all of us kids-at-heart. Which will increase viewership, which will hopefully give PBS more money to pump out more cool stuff.

July 31 2008 at 3:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KamenRiderTakoyaki

I'm against some of the celebrities appearing on Sesame Street. Aren't some of them notorious for some things, like Catrell for being a super slut. Just because there are more guests, doesn't really make it awesome.
Think of the children, for the love of god, think of the children!

July 31 2008 at 1:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marc

That is NPH, I saw a bit awhile ago about him starring this year in an ep.

As a relatively new father of an almost 2-y-o, and a past (and returning) viewer of the show, I really give SS a lot of kudos for pulling in some of these actors and integrating these new ideas.

Some of the writing on this show is better than 2/3rds of the crap that is show on network tv these days.

July 31 2008 at 12:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
StillBash

OMG! Those were better guests than the ones on SNL last season if you ask me. Mike Rowe in the trash can was priceless :-)

Is that Neil Patrick Harris at 3:40?

July 31 2008 at 11:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
5 replies to StillBash's comment
Edd

Still, where did the lighter fluid come from?

July 31 2008 at 11:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joey Geraci

How can you mention Sesame Street on this blog without showing the insanely funny appearance of Cookie Monster on the Colbert Report! Here's a taste:

"Me have crazy times in 70's and 80's. Me like the Robert Downey Jr. of cookies."

July 31 2008 at 10:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply