April 24, 2014

Lisa Bonet joins Life on Mars

by Bob Sassone, posted Aug 2nd 2008 1:01PM
Life on Mars logoLife on Mars continues to add to its cast.

Just days after it was announced that Gretchen Mol had joined the ABC remake of the British hit comes word that Bill Cosby's TV daughter is coming aboard too. She's going to play Jason O'Mara's girlfriend (the one in the present-day, not the 1970s - Mol will play the other one).

As we reported earlier, the entire pilot is being reshot, with a brand new cast. Some of the people they have in the new version certainly sound interesting (including Harvey Keitel), though I think I would have liked to have seen original pilot cast members Lenny Clarke and Colm Meany. Bonet had an infamous falling out with Cosby while filming The Cosby Show in the 80s and then got her own spinoff show, A Different World. She went on to such movies as High Fidelity and the new film Gambit, and was married to rocker Lenny Kravitz (son of Roxie Roker, from The Jeffersons) for a while.

Cynthia

I am so glad Lisa Bonet is back. I have loved her and her style for years. It was like I was watching myself on the Cosby show.I will always be her biggest fan.

October 16 2008 at 12:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rick cokely

Wow. If the show got rid of Colm Meany then they obviously have no idea what they are doing. He's such a great actor.

August 04 2008 at 9:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TheDude

"Lisa Bonet ate no basil" is my favorite palindrome (thx weird al)

August 03 2008 at 6:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

This show is so DOA.

August 03 2008 at 10:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
stephen p.

how about giving us that harvey keitel news? this is the first i've heard of him being in this show.

August 02 2008 at 1:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dwacon_com

Changing the entire cast? Wow... sounds a bit like this show may be in trouble before it starts.

And banishing the awesome Colm Meany sounds like the most idiotic move of all...

dwacon(com)

August 02 2008 at 1:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to dwacon_com's comment
Joey Geraci

Word. That absolutely sucks that Colm Meaney is being removed from the cast. He is such a fantastic actor, but gets so few opportunities to practice his craft (at least in popular cinema/TV).

I'll still watch, as I found the leaked pilot interesting, but I am not hopeful about this show's chances.

August 02 2008 at 2:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply