November 22, 2014

Katie Cassidy joins Harper's Island

by Brett Love, posted Aug 6th 2008 8:30AM

Katie Cassidy - Supernatural, Harper's IslandI don't know if I can think of a tougher gig on television than being a girl on Supernatural. Things just never seem to go well for any of them. The good news is that the show seems to be acting as a springboard and many of the actresses have been able to land on their feet with good roles.

Adrianne Palicki moved from playing Sam's sweetheart, Jessica, to Friday Night Lights. Alona Tal, who played the controversial Jo, moved right into a regular spot on Cane. It was short lived, but still a nice credit. And now they're joined by Katie Cassidy, the season three demon, Ruby. She's been added to the ever changing cast of Harper's Island. She takes over the role, originally played by Samantha Noble, of the bride whose wedding is the setting for a whole mess of murders. Now, if we can just get someone to hire Nicki Aycox, the sinister Meg.

In a semi-related note, there is a rumor that Cassidy will be joined on the island by her Supernatural co-star, Jim Beaver. I'm already in the bag for this one, if for no other reason than it is doing something different. I am a little bit skeptical about how much CBS is going to have to water down their "slasher series" in order to get it on broadcast TV. But with Christopher Gorham, Katie Cassidy, possibly Jim Beaver, and that creepy little girl from the trailer, I'll certainly tune in to find out. If you haven't seen the trailer yet, CBS has an HD version up at their site.

Argus

Dammit, this means no more Ruby in that body. Dammit.

August 06 2008 at 10:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Argus's comment
Brett Love

I wouldn't completely rule it out Argus. Both shows are Canadian productions, so she'll be in the general area. And Adrianne Palicki was able to go back to Supernatural for "What is and what should never be" while she was on Friday Night Lights.

August 06 2008 at 11:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
xnifex

I hope she still comes back as Ruby. She is hot & was a cool demon!

August 06 2008 at 10:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joey Geraci

Remember, most of the watering down that you see on network shows is self-inflicted. Although PTC and friends might complain, the vast majority of the "risque" stuff you see on basic cable could easily be shown on any network show if that network had any balls. (As in, they wouldn't get fined for it at all).

I liked Katie in Supernatural, so this is a good sign for this series for me.

August 06 2008 at 9:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Victor Mancha

Good for her. She started to grow on me towards the end of the season on Supernatural, so I´m kinda sad to see her go. Hope she does better on Harper´s Island.

"I don't know if I can think of a tougher gig on television than being a girl on Supernatural. Things just never seem to go well for any of them."

Truer words were never spoken XD

August 06 2008 at 8:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply