November 24, 2014

Here are the new NCIS cast members

by Bob Sassone, posted Aug 12th 2008 2:43PM

NCISNCIS has to be the #1 show that no one I know watches. I don't mean anything by that, I hear great things about it from readers here. It's just interesting that it's incredibly popular (always in the top 20, often in the top 10) and yet it's one of those shows that no one talks about (see also JAG).

As regular viewers know, the entire team was split up in the season finale, and then word came that Rocky Carroll had been made a series regular. Now comes word that the show has added three more cast members (no word on if they are in for the long haul or just this season), and one of them is a familiar face and name.

Jonathan Lapaglia will reprise his role as Special Agent Brett Langer, only this time as a regular. Liza Lapira will play Special Agent Michelle Lee, and Jonathan Magnum (which actually sounds like a character's name and not an actor's name) will play Special Agent Daniel Keating.

Don't worry, longtime fans. Michael Weatherly, Sean Murray, and Cote de Pablo are still on the show too.

pmugs33

The Huffpost Are Nothing Butt ********!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 04 2012 at 9:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kristine

Without the regular cast I am all done watching the show. There is a reasone that this show is so popular and that that is largely due to the cast that we are familiar with, the people that we love to watch.

February 02 2011 at 2:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karen

I started watching NCIS in its 3rd season. I was curious about who is this "Kate" they kept referencing to, so curious that I downloaded the 1st and 2nd season to my ipod. Watched and was addicted like everyone else. So why is this show never up for an Emmy? I think they have been seriously overlooked as a great show.

August 17 2008 at 12:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wordyone

I'm glad to hear that the original cast members will return, because I don't think I could warm up to a new cast and don't think I'd watch if the regulars I know and love aren't there.

August 14 2008 at 4:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jenny

According to IMDB it is Jonathan Mangum not Magnum.

August 13 2008 at 11:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mary

Gibbs' NCIS team will be back, they aren't leaving, nor is it a "House". NCIS doesn't have to rely on cheap ploys. Vance reassigned Gibbs' team, for his own untoward reasons.. did those viewers here not pick up on his removing and shredding a piece of paper from the file the late director, Jenny Shepherd maintained on him? He has something to hide, and some fans believe he wants to burden Gibbs by removing a team that is highly effective, and loyal to Gibbs.

DiNozzo, McGee and David will be back, very soon after the start of the 5th season, never fear. Gibbs won't let them (or us) down. Plus he has Abby, Ducky and Palmer (and I'm sure Mike Franks) to back him up.

Bob, NCIS is treated like the proverbial red headed stepchild, by the so called entertainment media, the same ones who promote Britney, Paris, etc... to the exclusion of everything else. They are disconnected from the public, and their track record on what equates to quality programming is dismal. But they don't matter. NCIS has thrived without their seal of approval, and will continue to do so.

August 13 2008 at 8:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joe

LaPaglia was in one episode very briefly post-WGA strike as a friend of Gibbs' from a while back. I can't remember the episode right now, but there was respect between them. Now with Lee back in the picture and only one NEW face in the team, I'm worried about a destabilizing House-like formula, just like everyone else. Actually, House and NCIS pair up quite nicely on my viewing schedule as two 'procedurals' largely focusing on character interaction and development. Not long until September!

August 13 2008 at 1:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bryan Price

My wife watches this show constantly when she's home on any streaming site she can find (she's only home one week a month while she works in South Africa). She bitched at me for going ahead and getting her the 3rd season on DVD so she could actually watch it while she was there. At a cost of Internet bandwidth of $20 to download one episode in ZA, that's not practical.

August 12 2008 at 5:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LC

I wonder if they are being groomed for a spinoff series. Maybe work them into a specialized unit that isn't a clone of the original show.

August 12 2008 at 4:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sakura

when they break their promise and pull a 'house', i'm gonna be really pissed!
So it's only one new face? I can't remember Langer, but who doesn't remember Lee? I actually love her and Jimmy, although some people seem annoyed by them...
But they can't lose Gibbs REAL team, the cast was perfect, characters were perfect. I really hope McGee, Ziva and Tony stay regulars, and the other three don't become regulars.

August 12 2008 at 3:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply