October 24, 2014

New Heroes trailer is online - VIDEO

by Brett Love, posted Aug 15th 2008 9:23AM

Hayden Panettiere - HeroesNBC is set to debut the trailer for the new season of Heroes on August 30th as part of the big "NBC Primetime Preview." But since most of us grew up with MTV, we don't have the patience to wait for that. Luckily, it's already online, and embedded after the jump.

I'm one of those that had some issues with the last season. It felt like Maya, Alejandro, Micah, and Monica were all part of an elaborate scheme to make me put my head through a wall. And man, I was ready for Hiro to be done with ancient Japan about three weeks before he was. However, I do believe Tim Kring when he says he understands what they did wrong, and that the next season will be better. That, combined with the new trailer, has me as excited as ever about the show.

I will take issue with one thing in the trailer. "This season...no one is safe." I'm trying, but just not buying that. I believe Kring when he says they are learning from their mistakes, but he's yet to prove that he has the stones to actually off someone of any importance. He's like the anti-Whedon. He gets close, but we've now learned that being gutted with a sword, blown up by your nuclear brother, or shot in the eye, are just a few of the things that don't actually kill people. Unless they mean no one is safe from almost dying. That, I can get on board with. Still, it looks really good.

[ via ComingSoon.net ]

YouFaceTheTick

Kring needs to speak with Peter Berg's team on Friday Night Lights and Whedon. It's okay to hurt your main characters. In fact their pain or death makes the entire story arc more interesting. Really kill off main characters and then we'll worry when a "villain" shows up.

Sylar seemed like a great villain until it was clear nobody in the main cast would die by his hand. That's lame and it robbed the show of any emotional turmoil.

August 17 2008 at 3:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joe

One syringe can give anyone powers? Once again, a leaf from the booklet of the somewhat superior 'The 4400'. However, this syringe likely doesn't come with the problem of a 50% survival rate, which was a great angle.

August 15 2008 at 4:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cody

They killed Ted Sprague, and Sulu. I think that's about it.

August 15 2008 at 1:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dukrous

I just wonder if Season 3 will end with Nathan almost dying again. That dude never gets a break!

August 15 2008 at 1:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rick cokely

NBC is stupid for not releasing Season 2 DVD's sooner. Apparently they aren't available right now (I think next Tuesday or the one after that) so I can't catch my partner up on it in time for the third season!!

August 15 2008 at 11:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Usama

I'm not sure if I want to 'Chime In.' I'll probably record (or download) the episodes and watch 'em if they're well received critically. But I agree with your main issue about the show, and that is he hasn't actually gone through and killed someone on TV (he has in those webcomics, and it was a character I liked too).

August 15 2008 at 9:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Usama's comment
Dreyesbo

Well, I would say that Thompson and Linderman have stayed dead...for now.

August 16 2008 at 1:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply