November 28, 2014

Are you ready for more spaghetti-eating cats? - VIDEO

by Bob Sassone, posted Aug 19th 2008 1:42PM
catThe mystery of the spaghetti-eating cat has been solved.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, here's the skinny. During a segment on binge drinking on The Morning Show with Mike and Juliet, the show suddenly - and without any explanation at all - switched to a picture of a cat seated at a table eating a plate of pasta. The cat wasn't on the show and they never said why it happened. But now a spokesman for the show has explained what happened. It wasn't a technical glitch or similar error, it was actually done on purpose! The woman talking about binge drinking said something shouldn't have said, so instead of using the usual "bleep" the show went to this picture of a spaghetti-eating cat. If you watch the clip after hearing this explanation you can actually tell that's what happened, because the audio drops out too and when they come back co-host Juliet has a half-smile/half grimace on her face, as if something bad was just uttered.

This could start a trend. Instead of bleeping shows could show a picture of something to symbolize the bleeping. This wouldn't work on Jerry Springer (the videos would be coming fast and furious), but using it every once and a while could be good.

Here at TV Squad we're going to start using this picture instead of swearing:

Carrot Top

jbdean

Not Carrot Top! That pix may help you guys but we'll all be staring at our monitors and cursing up a blue streak! :EEK:

August 28 2008 at 11:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jennifer

I have to admit, I'd like to know what was said that was so awful.

August 20 2008 at 9:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ctunightfall

Bob, if you're gonna use a clip from a TV clip show I think you should show some courtesy and reference the source. Also, I think fast and furious vid-swapping for Springer would be excellent. It'll be like finding all the Easter Eggs in Fight Club.

August 19 2008 at 9:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ac

What the hell is with you and that picture Bob?

August 19 2008 at 4:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Franklin

Bob, if I were your neighbor I would throw a sofa through your window for using that picture again!!!

August 19 2008 at 4:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Franklin's comment
bsgfan2003

Are you a member of Ragnar Anchorage? Sometimes I would like to ask you a question about a post.

October 24 2008 at 9:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cdawg

has someone made an LOLcat of this?

August 19 2008 at 2:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cdawg

awesomeness. I saw this on the soup last night and could not stop laughing! I wonder what was said that was bleeped out!

August 19 2008 at 2:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Erin

I watch the Soup religiously and I think that has to be one of the funniest clips I have ever seen on the show. I laughed for at least 5 minutes after seeing that the first time. Hilarious.

August 19 2008 at 2:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Erin's comment
MIke

I completely agree. I couldn't breathe I was laughing so hard at the clip. Also "the soup" is awesome.

August 19 2008 at 4:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karen

Dear lord, please stick with the swearing! I can stomach it so much more easily than that frightening, frightening image.

Must...go...bleach...eyeballs...

August 19 2008 at 1:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rick cokely

Oh god. Please... no... I promise, I will never say a curse word again! PLEASE!

August 19 2008 at 1:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply