April 24, 2014

TV Squad is now iPhone-friendly

by Keith McDuffee, posted Aug 25th 2008 11:22AM
tv squad iphoneI was one of those thousands of geeks who lined up for a shiny new iPhone 3G last month. But I had a good reason! My boss told me to get it before I went on a trip, so I could test it out. Man, what a slave driver.

Anyway, if you yourself have an iPhone or iPod Touch, all of the blogs in our network have been given an iPhone-friendly look, via a specific URL: http://i.tvsquad.com/. As you can see from the image to the right, it's got that familiar iPhone-styled look for diving down into articles to read. Proceed on, and you can also read and leave comments.

Check it out and let us know what you think!

Bubbawest

It would be nice if there was an RSS feed for this version of TV squad. I also use NetNewsReader to read TV Squad on my iPhone but, to get to "after the jump" I need to view the full, crowded page. Just something to think about.

August 26 2008 at 11:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Snorre

Is it possible to get a custom iPhone feed without any Brad Trechak stories?

(Alternatively make a piece of word processing software that denied him the possibility of writing any sentences containing the words "I" or "me".)

August 25 2008 at 2:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Melissa

ohh I like it! So much faster to load and pretty handy!

August 25 2008 at 2:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tom

I just use NetNewsWire on the iphone... similar display, plus I can aggregate all my other blogs, news sites. It's in the App Store for free on your iPhone.

August 25 2008 at 1:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rick cokely

Also I really like this feature, but please make www.tvsquad.com redirect to i.tvsquad.com when someone is using the iPhone for browsing. Several other sites I know do this specifically for the iPhone.

August 25 2008 at 1:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
corey

This doesn't work on my iPhone. It looks the same to me as your regular page. Which is good because why wouldn't I just view the regular page? You know, iPhone displays full web pages. I don't understand.

August 25 2008 at 12:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to corey's comment
rick cokely

Corey, you need to go to i.tvsquad.com to see the new version.

August 25 2008 at 1:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
david

corey... you also need to get a clue

August 25 2008 at 2:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
StillBash

Yay!

A big hug for all of you, m.tvsquad.com just didn't cut it and www.tvsquad.com was only acceptable on WiFi (and 3G).

Hugs and kisses to the folks who made this possible :-) Now I will be able to be a pain in your collective rear ends when I am on the road too ^^;

August 25 2008 at 11:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kenny

Cool, now I just need an iPod Touch...

August 25 2008 at 11:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply