November 25, 2014

What to expect in season four of Bones

by Isabelle Carreau, posted Aug 26th 2008 4:19PM
Bones
A lot of Bones fans were unhappy last season when Zack was revealed to be Gormogon's apprentice. However, thanks to spoilers leaked over the summer, I can tell you we haven't seen the last of him. Want to know if the squints and co. are all back? If Angela and Hodgins will finally marry and be happy ever after? And if Brennan and Booth will truly kiss this season? Answers are coming up!

Beware: Spoilers ahead!

Love
  • Birimbau, Angela's husband, is found! At first, he doesn't want to let go of Angela but he will eventually sign the divorce papers. The mysterious man will sleep with one of the female characters. My bet is on Cam, who is said to get some lovin' this season.
  • Angela and Hodgins fans will have a rough fall since the two will go their seperate ways at the beginning of the season. Angela will get a new love interest. It is unknown if Hodgins will find another lady.
  • Sweets will get a new girlfriend.
  • Brennan will be dating two men at once, which will puzzle Booth. But don't worry B&B shippers, the duo will not only continue their therapy sessions with Sweets and share a real kiss but is said to be naked together in bed this season. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a twist à la "kissing under the mistletoe" here and that something makes the duo be in bed together (maybe one of them will suffer from hypothermia?).

Cases

Here are a few of the cases you can expect in the first batch of episodes:
  • When in London to give lectures, Brennan and Booth help solve the death of a young British heiress.
  • The host of a popular reality show will be found dead in an outhouse.
  • The team is puzzled when they can't identify if a bone is that of a female or a male. Turns out, the victim is a transgender person.
  • Parker finds a finger in a bird's nest. In another episode, a leg is found in an elevator.
  • The Grave Digger will be back in a recurring capacity.

The team
  • Everyone is back in a regular capacity except Zack. The latter will guest star in at least one episode. His first appearance will be in an episode titled "The Perfect Pieces In The Purple Pond," during which we are set to see him at the asylum.
  • At the lab, Zack will not be easily replaced. The team will have to work with a different intern next week. It wouldn't be surprising if FOX.com puts up various polls throughout the season to see how fans like each intern and that they hire the most popular one as a recurring or regular. One of the interns will be played by The Practice's Michael Badalucco.

Keep checking our Spoilers Anonymous feature for more spoilers on Bones and other series. Bones returns on September 3 with a two-hour season premiere.

vacelts

I'm missing Zach.

September 18 2008 at 10:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Johnny Drama

Nobody better disclose what happened yet on Dallas... Nathaniel might get upset if he finds out who shot JR before he has time to watch it...

Sheesh...

The best part of Bones was the naive interaction between Zach and the rest of the gang... Me thinks the writers have managed to torpedo the show with one stupid decision...

August 28 2008 at 11:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Max

Shark: jumped.

No thanks, Fox, you can keep it.

August 27 2008 at 1:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Emma

OMG!!!!
i SO hope Booth and Brennan get together.. lol they're so good together.. sand hodgins and angela break up?
awwww, thats sad ):
sounds awesome.. but i think Zack should still be in it.
xx Emma

August 27 2008 at 4:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
metz

breaking up Angela and Hodgins is stupid....It's almost as dumb as someone complaining about a spoiler for an episode that ran over 4 months ago.

August 26 2008 at 11:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anita

I still hate they got rid of Zack and are trying new interns for ratings a la House. I think House needed the new blood, but I don't think Bones does. I just wish they had left it more empty-handed to reveal Z wasn't the assistant, or he was undercover. But the writers thoroughly denied that possibility.

Also, the first 2 seasons included more references to Bones' projects for the Smithsonian, etc., but they stopped. She's morphed into some type of action heroine who just stops by the lab to see what everyone else has dug up. I know they're humanizing Bones, but I hope they'll show her doing more in-lab work using geek-speak (& not just standing by the table in a lab coat).

August 26 2008 at 8:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Claire

oh please. i hope you're joking. you can't honestly be angry.....with all the time you had to catch up. that's just ridiculous.

August 26 2008 at 7:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nathaniel

Hi. I'm a HUGE Bones fan who happened to fall a few episodes behind at the end of last season. It was my intent to catch up with Bones in time for next season, then get back to watching it on time every week. So, when I saw a Bones headline, even a spoiler one, I thought "no harm here, spoilers are after the jump! TV Squad policy!" or something like that. So imagine my shock when YOU SPOILED THE END OF LAST SEASON'S ARC RIGHT THERE IN THE FREAKING PARAGRAPH!!!!!!! I realize it's already aired, but surely there are other people out there like me and, even worse, people who are just starting to watch but hoping to catch up in time.

You just killed a little piece of me, Isabelle. As a fellow television fan, I hope you realize how horrible that is.

August 26 2008 at 7:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Nathaniel's comment
Nathaniel

So, I admit this was quite ranty, but it really does suck that I now have nothing to look forward to in my catching up watching. And that's a shame, because the arc-concluding episodes so far have been really good, even better than the one-off eps.

But I do apologize for the rantiness of my original post.

August 27 2008 at 5:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Timewalker

uhmmmm.... hasn't this all already been covered multiple times on TV Squad already?

August 26 2008 at 5:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply