April 23, 2014

Rescue Me: Smoke (minisode finale)

by Jonathan Toomey, posted Aug 27th 2008 12:26PM

Rescue Me: Smoke(M10) Well, now - wasn't much going on there, huh? That isn't a negative comment though. Other than the 9/11 minisode featuring Jimmy, "Smoke" was probably my favorite one out of all ten. Just the 62 Truck boys doing what they do best - saving lives. No words were spoken (hence, the lack of a quote at the beginning of the post) as the guys rushed through one of the worst fires I think we've ever seen on Rescue Me. Tommy saved a young girl and Lou brought out a dog. Not bad.

At the end, they all lit up cigarettes and quietly stood still, admiring their good work - further proof that the "smoking bet" from the season three premiere would never last. What better way to laugh at a fire than by lighting up a tiny one in your own hand?

My one gripe about all these minisodes? Besides the fact that we still need to wait until 2009 for full length eps? When I spoke with Denis Leary last month, I remember him briefly mentioning that at least one of these minisodes would set something up for season five and for the life of me, I can't figure out what it would be. Or, if that idea was scrapped. Any ideas? What did everyone think?

What did you think of the ten Rescue Me minisodes?
They were great!46 (41.4%)
Eh... not bad. Better than nothing.54 (48.6%)
Waste of time - 2009 can't come soon enough.11 (9.9%)

Jeff

Wait he's right. WHAT THE HELL HAPPEND TO BLACK SEAN?

August 29 2008 at 12:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

Minicomment: Underwhelming.

August 28 2008 at 9:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ult

Can anyone tell me the name of the music that's playing in this episode?

August 27 2008 at 6:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joey Geraci

The minisodes were fantastic, for the most part. I can't imagine anybody who liked this show in the past and saw the minisodes not returning to watch the show for at least the premiere.

August 27 2008 at 3:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Richard Espy

What happened to Black Sean?

August 27 2008 at 3:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Toby O\'B

The minisodes were a pleasant diversion to watch in the morning when I got home from work, before launching into the DVRs of other shows like 'Eureka'. But they didn't change my mind about not returning to the show when they come back with full episodes. That final scene at the ball park last season made a nice cap to the series for me and I'm ready to move on to something else.

August 27 2008 at 2:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply