November 24, 2014

Survivor: New cast announced - VIDEO

by Jackie Schnoop, posted Aug 27th 2008 11:23AM
Survivors ready?Originally, the new season of Survivor had an announced premiere date of September 18. We can scratch that now. It's been changed to two back-to-back episodes on September 25. Don't tell me they're actually thinking ahead and realize that football or something else would preempt the season premiere. It's not like CBS to realize such things!

Jeff Probst will be the host, asking his Probsting questions at Tribal Council. Read on past the jump to check out the new castaways!

All in all, it looks like an interesting cast and I'm looking forward to the season. Right now on the official CBS website, they don't have the full bios up on the cast, but this video gives us a taste:

Watch CBS Videos Online

Until I read up more on the cast, I don't have any early favorites. They look like a rather quirky group. I'm not so keen on the actress, but I think I might enjoy the older guy who claims he used to be handsome and charming. At least there's true diversity in ages, something you don't see on too many reality shows. And, hey ... it's Survivor!

Survivors
ready?

Will you be watching the new season?
Yes, it's one of my favorite shows!457 (87.2%)
No, it's grown old. I used to watch.33 (6.3%)
I watch for Jeff's dimples.17 (3.2%)
It has jumped the baboon.12 (2.3%)
Never watched, never will5 (1.0%)

tina

survivor is one of my favorite shows I hope you continue with it a long time thanks for the entertainmet

August 31 2008 at 3:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chantal

Kelly, I love your looks you are drop dead fabulous and I hope you go far. I'm sure you are as nice as you look. Good luck to you with the show. I hope you are voted fan favorite. Wow you should be a model!!!!

August 31 2008 at 4:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Max

Somebody tell Kelly her pants are unbuttoned...geez how embarrassing...

August 28 2008 at 8:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Terry

Once again Jackie you amaze me......Im excited about this group!! I cant wait for it to start....thanks for the updates!!!

August 27 2008 at 2:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
david

-lol @ the old lady talking about "gettin africa in ya"

-At first i thought michelle was going to take amanda's place as the token hottie but looks like kelly has her beat (who does she look like, i cant place it but she looks just like some other reality contestant)

-cant wait

August 27 2008 at 12:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to david's comment
Brent McKee

That lady know more than a little about what she's talking about - she was born and raised in Africa (Johannesburg South Africa to be exact) before marrying an American.

August 27 2008 at 5:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

After the first episode each season, I always say, "pfft . . . the characters on this season are boring." Yet, somehow, the show has managed to pull me in year after year. Haven't missed one so far, and I certainly am looking forward to watching this season in HD for a change!

August 27 2008 at 12:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
seeker1321

Also its going to be in HD for the first time

August 27 2008 at 12:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply