October 24, 2014

Will The Girls Next Door end with a wedding?

by Kona Gallagher, posted Aug 28th 2008 1:01PM
girls next doorI've been watching The Girls Next Door for a while and it presents such a quandary for me. I feel like I'm betraying the feminist movement every time I tune in. If I knew an old man who had relationships with multiple young girls and made them "kept women," I would think he's a sleaze ball and wouldn't want to have anything to do with him. However, I fully admit that I find The Girls Next Door fascinating.

It's probably because the life that's portrayed is so far beyond my frame of reference that I can hardly believe that it's real. In any case, I've been a semi-regular viewer and I've found myself even rooting for the girls. I want Bridget to finish school, and yes, I've even been rooting for Holly to get Hef to marry her. Well, I believe Bridget has gotten her Master's degree, and it seems like Holly may even get her wish too. Bridget was recently overheard dishing about a "huge wedding" coming up on the show.

Bridget apparently also hinted that she and Kendra would be leaving the mansion after the 5th season wraps. This combined with the alleged "huge wedding" is making people suspect that Holly may get the Disney princess wedding of her dreams, after all. The problem is, uh, Hef is still married.

Hef married Playmate of the Year, Kimberley Conrad, in 1989. Even though they separated in 1999, they've never actually divorced. One would assume that divorcing Conrad would cost Hef a huge amount of money, so the idea of him doing so to marry Holly seems unlikely to me. Of course, Kendra and Bridget could very well be leaving; they've hinted in the past that it's about time to get on with their lives, but my guess is that if there's a "huge wedding" at all, it's going to involve a couple of the pets that live in the mansion with them; not the ultimate Playboy.

jeanie

this will probably be the last season, i don't think there will be a real wedding, i've heard that holly's seeing another man, kendra's seeing a football player and brigette's already married. i luv hugh hefner but i don't see him getting a divorce and getting married again a his age...i luv the show though, these guy are great together,it's fun and entertaining, i would like to see it end on a high note, and then have some reunion show's to keep up with them.

September 30 2008 at 8:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kris0212

I heard that Holly has a new man...and none of the girls would be returning to the show and there would be spinoff's....soooo the story just gets dicier huh?

September 19 2008 at 2:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jennifer

How can you betray feminism when these ladies are living the life? They are doing what many ppl would kill to do. They've got awesome bods, cute (for the most part) personalities and I bet that they get pretty well anything they want. If anything they're helping the still developing sexual revolution in the U.S. For example, why do you only have to have 1 partner in a relationship? Why do you feel it necessary to only have 1 partner at a time in any sort of sexual act? Just a thought...

August 29 2008 at 11:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cincinnati Mike

Betraying feminism? Frankly, I think these girls earn their keep. This show has been a tremendous shot in the arm for Playboy.

August 28 2008 at 4:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MrR0ng

It is very interesting that this particular brand of polygamy is so accepted by society. This will hopefully lead people to be more accepting of different sorts of relationships by consenting adults.

August 28 2008 at 4:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Oreo

I think Kendra and Bridget will get married.

Never seen the show but that seems very likely to me.

August 28 2008 at 1:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MissPinkKate

I'm with you- all this wedding talk is premature until Hef divorces his last wife.

August 28 2008 at 1:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rex from Ars

"One would assume that divorcing Conrad would cost Hef a huge amount of money..."

Assuming that Conrad *wants* the money, As I understand it, she and Hef get along pretty well, and Hef keeps her up in nice digs next door or something.

Uncontested divorces only cost like $299 or something if you have a lawyer do it, and even less if you do it yourself.

My GF got an uncontested divorce from her first husband and did all the paperwork herself... I think it only set her back like $25 in court fees.

August 28 2008 at 1:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply