August 29, 2014

David Duchovny has become Hank Moody for real

by Jason Hughes, posted Aug 29th 2008 8:23AM
David DuchovnyEither this is the most bizarre viral marketing idea ever, or some of the craziest irony in the history of television. In the show Californication, Duchovny plays Hank Moody, a sex-obsessed character. Now comes word that Duchovny has entered a rehab facility for sex addiction. For real. And this is an Associated Press story, which means it's pretty solid. I wonder if it was rekindling all that sexual tension with Gillian Anderson during filming of that X-Files movie.

Or maybe he was just having too much fun filming the upcoming second season of Californication in preparation for its September 28 premiere. Here's how I think it went down.

Director: "Uh, David, I think we got the sex scene. It was great. Just perfect."

Duchovny: "No! No, we need to do it again. I wasn't .. I mean, she was ... It just didn't feel--"

"We got it, David. It's fine."

"No! I want to do it again! I have to go again." (to actress) "Can we just practice then without the camera ... for the craft."

Robyn

I love "Hank Moody's" writting. Does anyone know a "real" author that writes similar to him?

September 09 2008 at 1:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

He must have thought the truth was *in* there.

August 29 2008 at 1:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Jim's comment
nattyff

LOL

September 05 2008 at 4:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ac

No wonder Teia Leoni always looks so worn out.

August 29 2008 at 11:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to ac's comment
StillBash

Téa Leoni

August 30 2008 at 2:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ctunightfall

Damn the method acting...

August 29 2008 at 11:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Amperage

Come on, the rumours that Duchovony can't keep it in his pants have been swirling since he was on Red Shoe Diaries. There used to be a joke that the only thing he really, really wanted in a script was a reason to get naked. He even managed to get naked on the X-files about once a season. And the rumours are that he, ahem, shared trailer space with Anderson a few times the first season of X-files before she figured out he just wanted a co-star with benefits.

August 29 2008 at 11:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Amperage's comment
StillBash

Source?

August 30 2008 at 2:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tool

Talk about method acting.

August 29 2008 at 11:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Frank

Are we sure this isn't the greatest viral marketing campaign EVER?

August 29 2008 at 11:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

It's safe to assume he didn't enter rehab because he's addicted to sex with his wife.

Nice work, David. How do you explain that one to the kids?

August 29 2008 at 9:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MERVE-THE-PERVE

If I were married to his wife and I wasn't a sex-addict myself, I could easily become addicted to sex. I'm surprised it took him this long to realize it.

August 29 2008 at 8:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply