November 21, 2014

Dirty Sexy Money marathon on September 27

by Debra McDuffee, posted Sep 10th 2008 8:41AM
Donald Sutherland as Tripp Darling on Dirty Sexy MoneyPerhaps my favorite thing about Dirty Sexy Money is how the stellar acting from the entire cast makes you actually like and feel for this disgustingly rich and seemingly shallow family, the Darlings.

Why would anyone love a patriarch who manipulates and plays dirty, in both his business and personal life? Tripp Darling does it, and portrayed by Donald Sutherland, you love him anyway. He's got a sensitivity and down-home kind of style that lets him get away with it all.

Well, good news abounds in television these days: Dexter's third season is about to begin, Bones' fourth season is officially underway and there will be a Dirty Sexy Money marathon -- the whole first season, in order -- on SOAPnet.

If you haven't seen Dirty Sexy Money yet, or if, like me, you want to re-live the first season before the premiere on October first, mark your calendars for Saturday, September 27th. You're in for the day, starting at 9:00 a.m. But really, Brady's out for the season, so what else do you have to do that day?

If you've missed it, you don't have to; catch up and do yourself a favor: make Dirty Sexy Money part of your weekly lineup.

Eddie

Dynasty. Exactly! I thought the same thing. But what's the deal? On the way to work I passed a Darling Tower sign on the construction site. Are they really going to build this??? http://darlingtower.com/

September 18 2008 at 12:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sandy

I totally agree about loving this show! and the cast is so great. i think the new season starts in october...

for anyone who wasnt following along at first you should check out this site. it will get you up to speed in time for the new episodes.

September 11 2008 at 4:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kim

Ahh, Dirty Sexy Money, my guilty secret pleasure! Takes me back to Dynasty!

September 10 2008 at 1:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JimmyJames

I really am starting to enjoy this show (probably more than I should). I went over to http://abc.go.com/player/?channel=125571 to get a little catch-up from last season. They did it from the maid's POV which I thought was clever, and and I going to add DSM to the DVR list and hope it keeps being good.

September 10 2008 at 11:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JimmyJames

September 10 2008 at 11:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tool

DSM is a really fantastic show. I missed the first half of S01, so I need to either download it or catch up on it Sept 27th.

September 10 2008 at 10:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Danielle

YES!!!! I was so hoping they would reair the first season!!!! DH and I got hooked after the strike and they only showed the first 2 or 3 episodes and thats it!!!! I def will have to DVR it!!! Thanks!

September 10 2008 at 9:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply