September 19, 2014

Elisha Cuthbert gearing up for another great day

by Jason Hughes, posted Sep 12th 2008 9:02AM
Elisha CuthbertAccording to EW's Michael Ausiello, Kim Bauer will be reunited with Daddy Dearest come 2009. That's right, Elisha Cuthbert has signed a contract to reappear on FOX's 24 this upcoming season. When we last saw her during the fifth season she was being whisked away from Los Angeles by her much older boyfriend, Barry.

She's not expected to return until toward the end of the upcoming seventh season and while she won't be "with" Barry, she will be with a child. Or at least have a child. I'll bet she didn't even tell Jack that he was a grandfather. In fact, is it a sign that 24 is getting a little long in the tooth that our action hero is a grandfather now?

Kim was never a really great fit for the vibe of the show, other than being incredibly hot. She tended to be the classic victim or prisoner as the situation warranted, never really finding her strength as a strong independent character. With a bit role at the end of the season, it looks like again she's going to be used more for Jack's reaction to her and what she and her child represents than as a character in her own right.

Or maybe they'll blow all our minds and have her come swooping in like a badass and save the day. It can be like the latest Indiana Jones where Indy passed on the mantle of cavalier hero to his estranged son and Kim Bauer can take the reigns of future seasons.

Yeah, right.

C C

No one will be laughing about Kim by the time the series ends. And no one will be cracking jokes about the cougar, either.

September 12 2008 at 3:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to C C's comment
StillBash

Yeah I guess they will have day seven 30 years in the future after day 6 and Kim will be the cougar.

*dry laugh*

September 12 2008 at 3:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
StillBash

Great. After ruining "My Sassy Girl" she can now run the trainwreck "24" directly into the ground.

September 12 2008 at 2:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kickit

Thanks for the spoiler. No really. I appreciate it.

/sarcasm off

September 12 2008 at 2:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to kickit's comment
BC McKinney

Just to make your day worse, I understand that Kiefer Sutherland will also be reprising his role as Jack Bauer.

Oh, and the President's a chick this time around.

/sarcasm off

September 12 2008 at 2:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ryan S.

We can all hope that they are bringing back Elisha for another classic Kim-napping. Perhaps that cougar will be chasing her and she will come to Jack for help.

I kid, I kid, I am looking forward to the new season of 24, its my favorite show and it's always good to see a familiar face pop up again.

September 12 2008 at 9:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lee

Sorry.
Having Kim come back isn't a good enough reason to tune in again. In fact...it's another warning to stay away. How soon do we forget her awful AWFUL subplots?

24 is the 1st show in a long time that I gave up on. It's sad what this some became.

September 12 2008 at 9:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply